Might be building an extreme new toy

5.0ina66

Jun 6, 2003
Ohio
My buddy has been looking for a project and he hasn't found a classic he can afford (his mom is an accountant, for him to buy something it's gotta be CHEAP! :D)

So I was over there the other day when I heard his neighbor say he might be selling his '96 4cyl/5spd S10 X-cab. Nice truck, under $2k, maybe under 1k. It's his daily, nothing wrong with it. Hmm...

Me and my buddy had the same thoughts. 4-link, notched frame, airbags. The goal is to lay frame on the highway. That's to sit the frame (rub blocks) down on the pavement at speed. Lotsa sparks. :D Big friggin stereo too, no ghetto blaster tho. :lol:

Of course, we can't leave well enough alone, we'll shave the antenna, gas door, door handles and taillights, no trim, smoothie front bumper, shaved tailgate handle, shaved stake pockets. We'll weld the rollpan and tailgate in and mold it all up. Add in a flush mount all steel bedcover (handmade).

A 440hp 350 4bbl, built by us with an NV3500 5spd and side exhaust. Both the motor and truck have been planned out well in advance, just hadn't found a suitable truck. Looking at Cragar Street Stars with slicks and skinnies, take that lowriders :D

And yeah, it's not at all classic or old school, but the more I think about it, the more I like it, it's completely impractical and functionally useless...it's perfect! :D

We'll see if it happens, he has a nasty habit of flaking out...
EDIT: Yeah its mustang related too, York iron compressor running the bags since its cheap and works :D

• Sponsors (?)