Mustang Gt 5.0...High speed dangerous?

Yeah seriously!! Drive it, feel it!!! You'll be fine.

Back in the UK I had an MG TF 135 that is a mid engined, rear wheel drive bundle of fun (much like an Elise), and if I pushed it enough, that would fishtail untill milking time.

Any car is dangerous in the wrong hands.

mg_rover_mg_tf_spark_se_23_07_04.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I know 3 people with new muscle cars (2-GT500's 1- Camaro SS) . This is the first sports car for each of them. These are the people who lift mid corner or hit a corner full throttle. If you are on this forum you are probably enough of an enthusiast to avoid these situations.

I've been driving the **** out of my 2011 since I picked it up and have had no out of the ordinary handling issues.

I know 3 people with new muscle cars (2-GT500's 1- Camaro SS) . This is the first sports car for each of them. These are the people who lift mid corner or hit a corner full throttle. If you are on this forum you are probably enough of an enthusiast to avoid these situations.

I've been driving the **** out of my 2011 since I picked it up and have had no out of the ordinary handling issues.

No disrespect to Mustang, but it is NOT a "sports car". Muscle car, pony car, performance car . . . fine.

No disrespect to Mustang, but it is NOT a "sports car". Muscle car, pony car, performance car . . . fine.

Don't confuse fun little "monikers" awarded to them for marketing purposes by the Detroit car companies of the 60's with their actual classification.

They’ve got 2-doors, they go fast in a straight line, they handle like they’re on rails, they stop on a dime and give you change back. They're as much a sports car as anything on the market today. Just ask the BMW guys who spent $25K more for their M3's and got their tails handed to them at the track. ;)

Mustang is a sports car that can handle just as good as a BMW M3.

Neither of them are sports cars.

Examples of sports cars:

Lotus Elise
any 2 seat Ferrari
Lambo
Corvette
Porsche Cayman, Boxster and Carrera GT. MAYBE 911; back seat makes it a tough argument though. That's a characteristic of a GT car or sport coupe.

Whatever. The label doesn't really matter anyway. What does Ford call it?

mine is plenty safe. i dont bash the throttle on an on-ramp.

Indeed. I'll roll into the throttle on an onramp, but obviously you're not going to suddenly bury it in a high lateral g condition like that. In short, don't drive the car like an idiot and you'll be fine.

I would say these '11s are safer than their predecessors, what with Advancetrac and all.