Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

How do you get the temps down? Intercooler?
upload_2017-7-12_12-56-29.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Fug that, water meth all day. I did a2a on my m90 build it worked well but not worth the hassle imo. Not to mention the huge pressure drop you will see, huffers don't act the same as a turbo through an intercooler.
I think that guy lost about 2 psi of boost through all that piping but it dropped his IAT's down to about 15* above ambient at cruising which is pretty dang awesome since I'm cruising at about 150* when it's 70* ambient. Possibility of a heat soaked ACT sensor which will get moved this winter.

Just ensure that you include a tune that kicks in when/if the water/meth doesn't.

I've seen those threads too.
Since I do my own tuning and help others here with theres I wholly plan on it. The idea is to tune safely with the meth to control temps and if things go awry I have my safety backups in place. (Same ones I put in place in all my tunes including @FoxMustangLvr 's tune) rebuilds from bad tunes are no bueno

I think Snow Performance has kits that include system fail-safes. Other vendors may have the same. The components for such a thing would make tuning a breeze.

Spray active = Spark table 1
Spray not active = Spark Table 2

I have not played with any of these so if you happen to go this route, I look forward to your posts.

Cool. Our systems have a table switching feature, we would need some kind of pressure switch. Normally (no pressure) the table would be conservative. With pressure the input would go low(grounded) and switch to a "meth tune" this would be possible with both fuel and spark tables simultaneously....
:nice: love my megasquirt

Reactions: 1 users
I think Snow Performance has kits that include system fail-safes. Other vendors may have the same. The components for such a thing would make tuning a breeze.

Spray active = Spark table 1
Spray not active = Spark Table 2

I have not played with any of these so if you happen to go this route, I look forward to your posts.
When I do add meth injection I will not increase my timing anymore than there already is currently. I only want the meth to cool my IAT's in boost. For right now I'm really frickin stoked on the power my car has when it's not pulling timing from heat, I'm not really hungry for more (yet).

So other than yanking my transmission out to replace it with the other one I have laying on my garage floor (tail shaft leaking a lot) I'll be installing my meth injection kit later this week and that about wraps up this car for good. Other than a few poser pics like @TOOLOW91 and some others do this thread will likely be dead. It's too bad there are not any real build threads going on anymore on Stangnet. I remember when I joined that there were a few good ones and now, like my car, they're all done. Where is the next wave of people willing to empty their wallet, bang their heads against the wall, upset their wife and neglect their kids, all to entertain us with their very expensive and overly detailed Fox build?!!

Maybe one of these days @Davedacarpainter will add a CAR to his thread (just poking fun at you bro!), but @a91what @84Ttop @hoopty5.0 @RacEoHolic330 and Jeff (toolow91 and i'm sure i'm forgetting a couple) all had captivating build threads that moved quickly with lots of car modifications IMO. Heck, I shouldn't forget to include even @madmike who has an incredible build and the most unique too.

Anyways, happy Monday to all and here is what will be arriving at my door step later this week

standard_3_quart_stage_1_1_1024x1024.jpg

Steve,

I'll install the jumper in the PIMP so I can trigger the meth via TPS and RPMS. Do you think 60% TPS and 3,500 rpms is a good activation point? For me, if I hit 60% TPS then likely I'm on my way to at or near WOT. Even if I don't hit WOT there would likely be a benefit of spraying meth even at 60-75% throttle I'd think. Also, the meth should not make me too rich in boost right? How much did it effect your AFR and what size nozzle or nozzles are you running?

Oh right! I used to have a thread... almost forgot. :(

In all honesty, my poor car is sitting outside in the rain with no hood right now. I'm traveling all week for work in the short term, and when I'm home, I am working on the house which is 60% done. Im getting back to the car as soon as I can, but until then it's going to keep being crickets.

So other than yanking my transmission out to replace it with the other one I have laying on my garage floor (tail shaft leaking a lot) I'll be installing my meth injection kit later this week and that about wraps up this car for good. Other than a few poser pics like @TOOLOW91 and some others do this thread will likely be dead. It's too bad there are not any real build threads going on anymore on Stangnet. I remember when I joined that there were a few good ones and now, like my car, they're all done. Where is the next wave of people willing to empty their wallet, bang their heads against the wall, upset their wife and neglect their kids, all to entertain us with their very expensive and overly detailed Fox build?!!

Maybe one of these days @Davedacarpainter will add a CAR to his thread (just poking fun at you bro!), but @a91what @84Ttop @hoopty5.0 @RacEoHolic330 and Jeff (toolow91 and i'm sure i'm forgetting a couple) all had captivating build threads that moved quickly with lots of car modifications IMO. Heck, I shouldn't forget to include even @madmike who has an incredible build and the most unique too.

Anyways, happy Monday to all and here is what will be arriving at my door step later this week

standard_3_quart_stage_1_1_1024x1024.jpg

Steve,

I'll install the jumper in the PIMP so I can trigger the meth via TPS and RPMS. Do you think 60% TPS and 3,500 rpms is a good activation point? For me, if I hit 60% TPS then likely I'm on my way to at or near WOT. Even if I don't hit WOT there would likely be a benefit of spraying meth even at 60-75% throttle I'd think. Also, the meth should not make me too rich in boost right? How much did it effect your AFR and what size nozzle or nozzles are you running?
You will notice a richer reading, but it all depends on what your mixture is. I would use kpa and rpm, 100kpa would be the crossover from vacuum into boost it is also where the bypass closes. Also 2500 rpm is where I would start spraying, set the condition to "and" hysteresis will need to be played with.

With the temps you are seeing now this should help greatly. I would use a 10gph nozzle as a starting point and spray before the blower, this will net you the best results.

Datalog of course and if needed I can help with fuel trim.

Oh right! I used to have a thread... almost forgot. :(

In all honesty, my poor car is sitting outside in the rain with no hood right now. I'm traveling all week for work in the short term, and when I'm home, I am working on the house which is 60% done. Im getting back to the car as soon as I can, but until then it's going to keep being crickets.
In the rain with no hood?! You need to get junk punched! lol

All mine needs is some money.....it's coming though.:nice:

Sorry to hear that bro!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIbxuWd5EsSDvuhCXcn_mUZ7fDyPLCHutHnmTbAxhZAf0cZ-iq.jpg

You will notice a richer reading, but it all depends on what your mixture is. I would use kpa and rpm, 100kpa would be the crossover from vacuum into boost it is also where the bypass closes. Also 2500 rpm is where I would start spraying, set the condition to "and" hysteresis will need to be played with.

With the temps you are seeing now this should help greatly. I would use a 10gph nozzle as a starting point and spray before the blower, this will net you the best results.

Datalog of course and if needed I can help with fuel trim.
I will be spraying in to the inlet manifold with VP M1 methanol mixed 50/50. From what I've read, if my data reads that I'm richer in boost, I should not adjust my VE to lean it out but I should go smaller with the nozzle size.

Glad to see you finally enjoying it . I'm still waiting on my renegade brackets and stuff back from powder coat . Other wise I'll just be enjoying the car for a bit outside of trying to get some 15inch wheels for my radials .

In the rain with no hood?! You need to get junk punched! lol

Sorry to hear that bro!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIbxuWd5EsSDvuhCXcn_mUZ7fDyPLCHutHnmTbAxhZAf0cZ-iq.jpg

I will be spraying in to the inlet manifold with VP M1 methanol mixed 50/50. From what I've read, if my data reads that I'm richer in boost, I should not adjust my VE to lean it out but I should go smaller with the nozzle size.
To a point, I would run the nozzle that gets MAT temps below 130*...... 10* above ambient would be the efficiency of an a2a intercooler. Make your judgement from there.