Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

I really really don't think it's a HG, although with boost it's always on your mind because it's one of your worst fears.

Every Head Gasket I've blown, I knew I blew it, there was no question. The car got hot, smoked, loss in oil pressure, funny noises, or a combination of these things happened. I'm sure it's a coolant hose, water pump gasket, or something to that nature.

ETA: I shall pray to the FoxBody gods that everything is ok!

Reactions: 1 user
Appears your car turned into the Hulk and you forgot to take it out when it had to take a leak.

That appears to be a hose decided to let loose. If it was a head gasket it would be a milky/oily mess on the floor.
Looks green to me....positive thoughts.

Reactions: 1 users
I vote heater hose :nice:
lol
Funny story about that. On my 2nd Fox (91gt auto, 191k miles) after some spirited driving it would smoke and smell like coolant. By the time I opened the hood you couldn't see any smoke. Took it to a mechanic, he puts pressure to it and says "Coolant is coming from your intake gaskets" ok cool. In the process of replacing said intake gaskets and fiddling with some other maintenance stuff the motor started knocking. After the rebuild and about $3k I still had the same issue with smoke and coolant. Come to find out there was a pin hole in the heater hose and it was spraying coolant on my lower intake.........

Another funny story:
Drove the Calypso around the block this morning. Get it back to the house and I have a coolant leak......... The hose that goes into the back of the EGR spacer is spraying coolant everywhere........... Anybody want a 92 Calypso Green LX 5.0 Auto 68k original miles and one repaint lol.

I got a minute to look under the hood yesterday and it looks like my coolant overflow bottle (vitamin water bottle) over flowed. Simple fix, non-issue.

My buddy came over with his car to pick up my 2.5" pulley for his car. He has a 347 motor, AFR renegade heads and Kenne Bell 2.2L, TKO 600 trans etc, car is sweet but has some mismatched parts like a frickin BBK 65mm throttle body as well as some other things
IMG_2036.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Just got back from my very needed and very enjoyable vacation in my old home town of San Diego. It was nice to see my old friends and family and catch a few waves. Now it's back to my baby, my 5.0 :D Since my dyno tune was right before I hit the road on vacation I didn't have much time to really think about my experience with Holland Performance and the tuning session. During my vacation and a over 3,000 miles of driving I'm left feeling disappointed and lucky my car didn't blow up. If it wasn't for Steve @a91what for putting in some safety in my tune for pulling timing based on manifold air temperature I'm sure my engine would have died from this guy. The tuner never took a data log, never checked IAT's, never accounted that in to his tune. He kept adding timing while the PIMP was pulling it!! My tune is still pig rich when boost hits at 2,200 rpms with a 7.7 AFR that finally gets to 11.8-12.2 at 4,400+ rpms and then holds steady. I know the numbers improved greatly on the dyno from start to finish but I left with a surging idle (too lean at idle 16+), super rich at cruising (12.2 AFR), and decel is rich too. I'm having to clean it all up after handing him a bunch of cash.

The car runs great when the IAT's are low and the car pulls frickin hard. Spins the tires just by rolling in to 2nd gear with less than half throttle. Since I don't trust this performance shop nor any other around here I will self install meth injection and hope that Steve can help with re-tuning in boost.

Here is my VE table
IMG_2350.JPG

Hmmm 've table is top heavy.... meaning it has to many blocks above 4500 rpm. You spend the least amount of time up there. Send me the tune and I will help clean it up. Sorry you had a bad experience

I see where you posted already on the tuner studio thread, we will get you fixed up

Hmmm 've table is top heavy.... meaning it has to many blocks above 4500 rpm. You spend the least amount of time up there. Send me the tune and I will help clean it up. Sorry you had a bad experience

I see where you posted already on the tuner studio thread, we will get you fixed up
True, he expanded the table to include that for some reason. Also, you see how much fuel there is at 2,200 to 2,700 rpms above 100 load? I get super rich from a steep increase in fuel until I get to the 70's at 4,600 rpms where my AFR finally gets to target.

I got a minute to look under the hood yesterday and it looks like my coolant overflow bottle (vitamin water bottle) over flowed. Simple fix, non-issue.

My buddy came over with his car to pick up my 2.5" pulley for his car. He has a 347 motor, AFR renegade heads and Kenne Bell 2.2L, TKO 600 trans etc, car is sweet but has some mismatched parts like a frickin BBK 65mm throttle body as well as some other things
IMG_2036.JPG

Dude, some fat guy is scoping out your ride. :O_o:

Does the outfit you took it too, know that this dude is a hack and will likely cost them a ton of money in the near future?
He's the one that owns the shop :( It's crazy and upsetting. I remember when he was driving my car and he was romping on it over and over and he was saying the car doesn't feel as fast as it did when we first hit the road. I told him the ECU is pulling timing due to heat soak and high IAT's, he replied "can we make it not do that"? My IAT's got as high as 224* and he wants to stop the computer from pulling timing!

He's the one that owns the shop :( It's crazy and upsetting. I remember when he was driving my car and he was romping on it over and over and he was saying the car doesn't feel as fast as it did when we first hit the road. I told him the ECU is pulling timing due to heat soak and high IAT's, he replied "can we make it not do that"? My IAT's got as high as 224* and he wants to stop the computer from pulling timing!
This is why I set my base tunes up with safety in mind. Even the a9l pulls timing above 180*

Here's what I'm talking about for those that know how to read a data log graph. The bottom graph shows timing advance in red and Manifold Air Temps (MAT) in green. Up top is AFR, TPS, boost & rpms. This WOT run my MAT was 224*, MAT based timing retard was pulling timing from 21.4 to 13.2 while hitting about 8+ psi. This is good safety built in by Steve @a91what

IMG_2364.JPG

For those that don't know, the advancetable1 is the commanded timing and where you see the black circle is what my timing should be if my temps are OK. Since my temps are too hot the ECU pulls timing which greatly reduces HP but keeps you from killing your engine. You do not want to discard this safety feature that you build in to your tune.