My fickle mind set in... Just traded my Fox

After being influenced all night about how lt1's and ls1's are the ****nit and fox's aren't, I traded my fox.

I traded it for a 305 TBI Camaro RS. Great trade huh?!!

KIDDING:rlaugh:

That was my first car, and boy was it slow. anyway, I have a buddy of mine that put 10 grand or so into a fox for a 351w swap and got tired of it. He couldn't sell it for the life of him, so naturally we needed each other at this point. We traded straight up, so now I no longer have the Blue Streaker. This one is a black beauty with god knows how many horses. I'll have pictures up tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm deeply sorry, but the car is in the shop. I'll have em monday afternoon so pretty soon we will see this monster. He has it completely dragged out, but I'm going to be doing what i can to restore the interior and fix things here and there to make it look as stock as possible. can't wait till monday folks.

Ok, well here are some pics of my former car. I still have possession of it today, but as of Monday I will be handing it to the man that has my new car. The car pictured is a 1990 306 (bored .030) 70mm throttle body, shorty headers, motorcraft ignition, 8.8 rear with traction lock and 4.10 gears, in-the-fender CAI, better fuel pump and better oil pump. basic bolt-ons and such. The car runs perfectly, although the transmission seems like it has really been beat on from the last owner. She does NOT want to go into reverse and the throwout bearing is about ready to give me the finger. other than that, the AC runs ice cold, OK radio and speakers, cowl hood is a little too big for my liking. but its a great car and decent paint.

I know a guy that I met through my mother, he dated her at one point (I have a young family) and he owns an auto lot. I've gotten a couple cars off of him in the last couple years because I know I can trust him.
Well as I first posted, he has been trying to sell this car that he had, a 1991 Mustang lx hatchback, and hasn't had luck. He built the car himself. well I dunno if it's the economy down here or what but he can't sell this one.

The car I will be acquiring Monday (titles already switched over) has a 351w in her. I don't know the specs of the motor yet, but let me tell you she sounds absolutely ferocious. I'm giving up AC and power steering for this beast, but since she's not my daily driver I really don't mind at all. I know it has subframe connectors, its carbureted, MSD ignition... those are the simple little things I remember from looking at it.

39780_410107402075_548147075_4697724_2945029_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._410107407075_548147075_4697725_4811085_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._410107412075_548147075_4697726_2006520_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._410107417075_548147075_4697727_6152076_n.jpg

Above you saw the car I have today, well monday I'll have this car (pictures below). besides the rims, she's not quite as sexy, the paint job is a little cheap. I didn't see any rust though, so that is a plus. The man is giving me 3 sets of rims, 10-holes, GTs and the rims pictured. She is an automatic too, and she is built like a demon. I took it for a spin and she stays in the
power range like its no tomorrow, almost feels like it never shifts. The more I type the more I can't wait!

VERY CRAPPER PICTURES, SORRY
91mustang.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/manhomastin/91mustangmotor.jpg?t=1281861056

Dude are you high? i wouldnt make that trade unless there was cash coming your way, and a good amount of it. Performace stuff is easy to add, having a clean car, well thats the bitch part of it. I would start saving your cash and put the go fast stuff on your car. Take it from a guy who did it "i dont care how it looks as long as its fast" then wishes "**** now its expensive to try and look good now, but i dont get any recognition for it"
Tranny and TO bearing, maybe $300
New Hood and paint $300
plus KNOWING exactly what you have in an engine and knowing it was done properly and not just hoping or going by someones word it was done right-Priceless
But seems like you've already been convinced

Well it's a little too late for that. We've already switched titles and all. But I don't think the car is as bad as you all make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I totally see your points being that the car is damn near perfect (except the front end being out of alignment from a front end collision). I mean I look at it is this way. The new ride already has all the expensiveness out of the way, i.e. motor work, suspension, etc. I'm going to redo the entire interior, It still has the lines for AC and power steering, just needs pump and compressor, maybe a couple other things. Paint and window tint later on down the road and I'm set. When I'm done she'll be clean. Tomorrow when I get her I'll start an interior progress thread.

also, i cant' figure out for the life of me, is there any way at all to find out all the threads that I've posted in, without manually searching the thread in search??? There's gotta be an easier way for this!

Just click on your user name in this thread then you can either see all your posts, or just the threads your started.

Wow that was easy, thank you very much. you saved about six mouse-clicks for me.

And to all of you, maybe I shouldn't have done it. all I know is that I'm fickle as heck, I'm always wanting something different.

I've regretted a lot of car decisions I've made in the past. This may be off topic, but oh well. I'm 21, and I've had more cars than I can count. My uncle came across a very nice 1969 mustang about 2 years ago, traded his yamaha r6 for it. he let it sit, being that he drove a jeep liberty around for a while, until christmas came around. he was short on cash (with 2 kids) and I was working 2 jobs at the time. so little ole' me came around with 1000 dollars cash, and sweet talked him into giving his kids a good christmas and giving me the 69 mustang with payments up until $3000 (and the dodge neon i was driving at the time). well I was doing pizza deliveries at the time in the car, while bartending so I didn't feel that was the best car to be putting so many miles on (even though she ran AWESOME with the 302 in it). I traded it the same day that the thought of all that came to my head, for a 1995 camaro with a '94 vette motor in it (same motor, rated 25 horse more..) well needless to say, The camaro's motor blew 5 DAYS LATER. worst decision ever.

Yes this has nothing- and everything- to do with me trading that mustang a couple days ago. I get these crackhead urges. one thing is the same though, I love my cars with all my heart until i sell them. I'm pretty set on mustangs though, being this will be the 4th that I've owned and they all run top notch.

judging by the pictures of that car and the motor shot i would say alot of corners have been cut, and your car looked really clean, its easy to make a car fast, hard to undo someone else's hackery though.

And the face that he is "giving" you ten holes and GT rims(which im guessing are turbines), is more like him telling you, "hey... you throw these away"