NEBOC BEACH CRUISE EVENT 5/22 (Saturday)

• Sponsors (?)

Just FYI.... the Bristol police department has become VERY anal, i got pulled over in the stang going into colt park saturday. they are looking for cars with tinted windows, which i do have. but both my windows were down and they still pulled me over and made me put it up to check it. Also told me my smoked plate covers were illegal and he would let me go without a ticket for my muffler (50 state legal flows so i dont know what he's talkin about). just lettin u guys know, every stang that i saw go through on saturday, got pulled over. I now have to go to court for a stupid Tint ticket. Latro

90LX306 said:
Just FYI.... the Bristol police department has become VERY anal

All the more reason to keep it respectable and in control while on the cruise..

90LX was pulled out of the crowd entering the park for doing nothing wrong IMO, but if anyone in our group shows off or acts like an ass clown we will probably run into this type of problem in Bristol..

So once again we will need to be on our best in Bristol to keep them happy...

Note:

I drive the park at least a dozen times a year and have been going there for over 10 years with friends in all types of vehicles and never got pulled over.. Granted that, sometimes an officer will look at you (not only in the park) but just don't give em any reason to pull you over and you're usually ok 99 percent of the time..

-DC

Hello my "Right Coast" Stang brothers.
It looks like you guy's are getting ready to do the same type of thing that we just did.
Check out page 8 of the "San Diego Meet" in the "West Coast" forum, to see pictures of how our little get together went.
It was a great time and a perfect example of how only a car like the Mustang can bring people together like this.
We are planning our next one for the 15th, and it is growing every day.
You are all invited! just drive on over, and you should be able to get back home in time for your gig on the 22nd :D
Have fun and be safe,
Bill.

The mileage approximately looks like this:

A&W meeting spot - Narragansett Beach Area = ~35 miles

Narragansett Beach area - Newport = ~20 miles

Newport - Bristol = ~20 miles

Bristol back to Providence = ~20 miles

Total Estimated = 95 miles

Just under a hundred ... :D

So if your a real gas hog getting ~10 mpg it's gonna be around 20 bucks in gas for ya for premium.

dark_cobra_01 said:
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO EVERYONE INCLUDING NON-MEMBERS

---------------------------------
Date: 5/22/04
Time: 10:00am
Starting Place: A&W Smithfield RI
Destination: RI Beaches/Newport Mansions

Trip Details:
We will first meet at the A&W and leave by 10:00am heading south.

We plan to start the cruise by hitting the Southern RI beach area then stop for lunch at the famous Aunt Carries restaurant near Point Judith.

Then it's off to the Newport area for such places as Ocean Drive, Fort Adams and the mansion area.

We will end the trip in Bristol RI at COLT's State Park which is a beautiful grass area park known for it's car drive on the water which attracts lots of car lovers of all types.

--------------------------------

Notes/Rules:

--> This will be a full day event, but if you wish to only do a portion of the trip you're still welcome to attend.

--> Everyone is to drive within the usual laws of the road (Clowns stay home)

--> No high speed, burnout's etc.. etc..

--> Enjoy the ride.

-Joe

NEBOC Member
Cruise Event Director

:spot: Me And the famaily will be there !!!! :nice:

Glad to have you aboard Storm ...

The turnout is getter stronger everyday :nice:

And I know there's still a few to call up yet ...

Hey RickyFrat ?? Where's Joey and the posse been ?? .. Let me know if you guys are in on this...

Later

-DC

UPDATE

TIME SCHEDULE FOR THE CRUISE:

10:00am -Leaving from the A&W on rt 44 (Greenville/Smithfield) We'll wait a few minutes for stragglers but not too long. try not to be late

12:30pm - Leaving Point Judith area (Aunt Carries's restaurant for lunch)

1:00pm - Stopping by Fort Adams Newport for a break before driving the Ocean Drive area.

2:00pm - Passing by First beach (May stop if there's a BIG open area to park the train) we'll play it by ear.

3:30pm - Arrive Colts Drive State Park Bristol RI. (Don't forget to bring the frisbees).

From Colts Park, the cruise will be over and those who need to find thier way home or back to 95 will be given maps and info at the event. I will be posting maps shortly as well.

See ya there !!

-DC