Need a new fender for a 69. How good is the NPD repro stuff?

jerry S

Sep 3, 2003
52.22N 5.12E
I visited my car today. The body shop has the entire interior out. The floor pans and toe boards on the firewall have to be replaced. The driver's side door is rusted and is full of bondo (which is a no-no here in Euroland). The shop stripped the passenger's side fender to the bare metal and it was dented, rusted, and full of bondo to cover the holes. It can be fixed but at significant cost. In addition to ordering a new door, full length floor pan, and fender apron from NPD, I would like to know the quality of the NPD repro fenders for a 1969. It seems that there is no original ford tooling available for 69-70. How good is the NPD repro fender?

• Sponsors (?)

If you do it yourself, it can save you money. If you are paying 50-100 dollars an hour to have someone do it, it will save you more money to get the real stuff. Takes alot less time to get it to fit.

I see original fenders for sale on Craigs list for around a hundred bucks. Might try to find the real deal. If your door isn't totaly gone you might just get the skin. My skin from npd fit very well and was much cheaper than the whole door.

NPD is about as good as you are going to get for aftermarket body panels. I havn't replaced any of mine yet but everybody I have heard from is pretty pleased with their quality. Granted it may not fit as exact as an original but probably much better than any other aftermarket fender.
Kevin