Need to introduce myself... Hopefully right forum...

ursastang

Dec 5, 2004
Hello everyone! Newbie here.

We've sold our <un-named import> and have started putting together the downpayment for a new 'Stang! We've driven bunches of them and are settled on a basic V6, but haven't settled on 'vert or coupe.

It looks like Halloween is our purchase date! Can't wait!

Previously, got to drive my sister's '64 Mustang when I was 16, but haven't owned one myself yet (I think it is about time!).

We are Ford owners, though - we've got a 2002 Midnight Escape - sweet truck, and good for all the tall folks in my family.

Cheers to all! Hope to hang out here quite a bit as we get ready to purchase, and after we've taken delivery!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to StangNet!!

The V6 is a great choice for balancing lower operating costs with performance that's actually pretty quick (quicker than some Mustang GTs of the past, even). I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of it.

Are you getting black, like your avatar?

Cheers! :nice:

Hello everyone! Thanks for the welcomes. Yes, I think black is the choice for me. It'll match our Midnight, and I like it personally...

I've driven 4-cylinder sports cars and economy cars all my life (except for the Escape), so the V6 is really huge for me... I really enjoyed the manual transmission on the V6 the most...

I'm looking forward to spending some time with it!