New best.. cams w/ stock heads & intake

Kurgan said:
Raise the idle speed and tell the computer it needs more air to idle. You'll need a chip/tune with the cams for it to idle properly. My car hasn't died at idle for quite a while now.
is that something you can adjust quick and easy with the SCT and a laptop? ive seen some of the threads on MD, but honestly, i havent payed much attn to them.

Starkie is ringing my ears trying to talk me into the SCT software over our custom tuned Autologic chips.

-Mike

• Sponsors (?)

AutomaticWeapon said:
is that something you can adjust quick and easy with the SCT and a laptop? ive seen some of the threads on MD, but honestly, i havent payed much attn to them.

Starkie is ringing my ears trying to talk me into the SCT software over our custom tuned Autologic chips.

-Mike

I'm just gonna buy it and slap it in your car. Maybe then the plugs won't keep fouling.... :stick:

Starkie

I haven't had much trouble with mine yet, as far as stalling. It likes to load up some at low RPM when cold, but other than that it runs pretty well. I'm on the stock tune, stock timing. I plan on getting it tuned next month.

984.6gt said:
Nice times, but where is the MPH?

See my post above yours.

02LS1 said:
This was at Moroso I assume? Just looking at your short time...it's nice to see how far their track prep has come in the last 6 months or so. It's making me a little nervous about running Nittos.

Yep, at Moroso. They've definitely improved their track prep over the last few months. Still takes them forever to clean up a wreck or after it rains, though. I waited 3 hours while they dried the track on Friday night after some rain. :rolleyes:

AutomaticWeapon said:

Yeah it's easy to do. There's a rev/speed limiter scalar section you can just change the idle speeds at, and you can modify the amount of air being given to the motor for idle speeds by editing the isc_Neutral_idle_air and isc_Drive_idle_air tables under the "idle" section. It uses values of 0.000 to 2.000. I just bumped the existing values all up by .05 until it idled properly.

Kurgan said:
And in worse weather than my previous best :shrug:

I was going to ask that. I was curious on the MPH, but I guess that is it. I would seem to me that you should still pick up a little MPH, but I maybe wrong. Obviously, the cams helped a lot and made your car faster, just curious on the MPH. What were the DA's of the first run compared to the last ones?

Eitherway, it is good to see all you guys doing great with cams. Too bad I kind of was the guinny pig for the erson cams and did not get the success you guys have.