New With Questions

Sketchy_GT

Nov 13, 2016
I have been on stang net awhile but now I've made an account to ask questions about a foxbody I'm working on. I have a 1988 lx 5.0 it has an off brand type aluminum intake and aluminum valve covers my problem is that when you step on the throttle the first inch seems very stiff compared to the rest of the throttle someone said it may be because it's not tuned for the intake but I think it seems like a TB or cable problem, any suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

Seems like either the throttle body is hanging up or the cable is sticking.

Remove the cable end from the throttle body and move the throttle by hand...then get inside and push the pedal ( with cable disconnected )

I have been on stang net awhile but now I've made an account to ask questions about a foxbody I'm working on. I have a 1988 lx 5.0 it has an off brand type aluminum intake and aluminum valve covers my problem is that when you step on the throttle the first inch seems very stiff compared to the rest of the throttle someone said it may be because it's not tuned for the intake but I think it seems like a TB or cable problem, any suggestions
Whoever told you this.... never take there advice again.

Welcome to Stangnet

Reactions: 1 user
Automatic, so there's also a throttle valve in the transmission valve body that could be sticky. I would check for free cable travel for both cables individually. Try an isolate if resistance is coming from one or the other cables.

The throttle cable is pretty simple to unclip from the throttle body. All you really need to do is unclip it, then you can isolate and see what the resistance is from. If the throttle cable is hard to move, unhooked, then the cable is the issue. If the throttle blade has resistance, it could be the cruise/TV cable.

Also, cable routing is key. Since the intake has been swapped, it's possible the throttle cable is routed in a bad way causing it to bind up