NOT Storing the Mustang - Winter Items!

Well,

I wish I had a bike. But winter is coming and I need 2 things - CHEAP ASS decent winter tires for my 18''s - I've thought about throwing the tri-bars with the comp t/a's on - but you know what, my F1's will probably work better than that ugly ass crap sitting in the basement. So I need some thick walled winter tires to wrap my beauties in and pray for no potholes. Suggestions?

I also need to get a car cover for those very few storms in VA - I need a GOOD one - and do you need to unscrew the antenna when you put it on or do they have one with a hole in it so the antenna goes through? I hate taking the stupid thing off.

Believe it or not the worst part about winter here is my townhouse street - it doesn't get plowed, and the connecting street to the main road - they suck at plowing here (dimwits in VA obviously) and getting not even a quarter mile to the main road is a CHALLENGE.

Suggestions? Gracias!

• Sponsors (?)

There is absolutely NO doubt I would not even attempt to drive on the 18's in the winter. You want a narrow, smaller diameter wheel. V6 wheels would be PERFECT. The winters around here can get pretty bad, I run 15" steel wheels on my DD focus with studded winter tires. Even with these its still a bunch of white knuckled driving when the white stuff is on the ground, but I have never been stuck either.

As for the cover, I'd just remove the antena everytime if it was my car.

I have heard NOTHING but great thing about blizzacks. They will ONLY sell them as a set of 4 though due to liability reasons, as in the blizzacks will hold traction and whatever other tire you have on the car will not sending you into a spin... that is how good they are supposed to work. I run some no-name studded snow tires on my car and they haven't left me stranded yet. (me knocks on wood)

i would definately get the blizzacks if you have the money. Unforunately my stang is my own car as well and I also have to drive in the winter. I try to do the least amount of driving as possible but sometimes i do get caught in snow and it is VERY scary. That was with my stock 17" tribars and falken tires. Now i have the cobra r's and 315's on the rear and i'm sure it will be even worse. I think im just going to invest in a car cover and have my friends drive me everywhere. :lol:

I would agree with Paul....You want cookie cutter/skinny tires on there...Wide is not good for the snow...I'd hunt up some V6 or steel rims then head to Tire Warehouse and get 4 snows...
I run MS radials only on my Nissan 2 WD P/U...there cookie cutter tires but it goes real good in the snow....200.00 for 4 tires mounted/bal...
Tirerack has deals on steel rims with Blizzacks to...but they'll be few buck from them..