Official Adam95gt Pictorial Progress of Swap / Clean Up

Nice to see you working on it again Adam, keep the updates coming!

Thanks man comments like this keep me going!

GOOD NEWS FOR TODAY!

Me and chris put the wheels on the car and pushed it out so we could sweep out the garage and enjoy the nice sunny day.

First thing first we needed to play with the ditsy and see if it ran better... so we noticed that it was hitting the lower intake. SO we pulled the ditsy... and restabbed it... Brought #1 to TDC on intake moved the ditsy about 30*... There goes my nicely cut wires :nonono:

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

VIDEOS!!!!:
MVI_0359.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket
MVI_0360.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket

The temp was getting up to 225 ish and the top hose was not getting flow... So we went and got some more distilled water because it was low... We picked up gas too and dumped in some injector cleaner... we were on e and didnt wanna suck up any old gunk in the tank

It seemed to hang around 220-230 ish so we cut it out.... might be a heat issue :shrug:

There was also some intake back fire every once in awhile... so it defiantly needs some work

Brake lines are not leaking... But are pure MUSH need to bleed again... but we both ran out of leg power:
IMG_0362.jpg

So then we moved on to gauge install:
IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

All went well and we calibrated the wideband

However at idle i was at 17.7 AFR.... little lean... We need a timing light to correctly set base timing... we threw ours out when we were cleaning...

IMG_0363.jpg

On that note out of light, seat back in and in she goes... This time we drove it in...
IMG_0366.jpg

Test drives to come.... we tightned up some exhaust stuff... the H pipe needs work... leaking on the ball connectors in the back... however everything sits low so we might make a new trans cross member. But this will do till now... For the crossmember and exhaust we will be putting it on the lift at chris' work.
IMG_0358.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

More updates:

Day started off by going to my grandparents to pick up their honda accord (needed exhaust work)

Then i went to princeton to work on the car... i decided to run the wire for the autometer DPSS gauge. SO i noticed i had a lot of gauge wiring just hanging around in the bay... not nice...

SO i cut all the ties off the wires and loomed them together and tied them in place...
DSCF1147-1.jpg

DSCF1148-1.jpg

DSCF1149-1.jpg

DSCF1150-1.jpg

DSCF1151-1.jpg

Then i soldered on the connection for the tach... Never forget your heat shrink tubing... i love this crap!

So after i finished that i put the welder in the car and headed to chris's work with the accord.
We fixed the exhaust (new muffler and pipes)

Then i went back to princeton and decided to time the car... Pain in the ass when your battery is in the trunk...
DSCF1153-1.jpg

So i went to pull of Chris's mother inlaw's car to use the battery when i left the garage i found this dude... WTH... the can is against the house... smooth sides... no trees in sight... i looked at him... he drooled so i took the can and tipped it over in the back yard... 15mins later he was still there i scared him... so i went back 20 later and he was gone :nice:
DSCF1152-1.jpg

While all that was going on i set the base timing at 10*'s and replugged in the spout... car runs nice! Still idles lean....

So i took a few small videos

DSCF1154.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket
DSCF1155.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket

Upon finishing that chris arrived. Him and his wife Julia bled the brake system again while i worked on finishing up the interior tach wiring. We also tucked the remaining loose stuff:
DSCF1158.jpg

DSCF1159.jpg

Chris was bent on driving the car today... the car was heating up at idle and we wanted to see if airflow would help... so we chucked on some fenders and i took it for a small drive... THE ASS END GOT AWAY FROM ME! 1/4 throttle... the temp soared again 225-230ish so i shut down ant let it cool...
DSCF1160.jpg

DSCF1161.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket

Brakes and cooling problem are located in this thread!:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ions-over-heating-brakes-afr-etc-help-am.html

Good day though ill try to fix the brakes and cooling problem tomorrow :bs:

Your AFR is definitely off. When will you get your tuner thing back?

They said 1 day turn around + shipping time so im thinking like Wednesday :shrug:

You could see when i revved it that it was about 14.5-15.0 which is fine... ive been told a little lean at idle is fine... i think it has something to do with the pro m maf. That and the car is trying to figure out what the hell is going on

Idles good. runs strong... just gotta address these issues:rolleyes:

so you had the thermo stat in backwards? its always the little things haha! its looking really good man! cant wait to see the vid of you rippin 1-3 on the street! reading this thread gives me some motivation to give my car some attention. cant wait for another update!

Thanks!

We drove it in a parking lot for a few miles today runs good

the AFR got better i tightened down the clamps on the maf , backed off on the idle screw, chucked a filter on it and im at 15.5-16.6ish at idle... cruising its 13.8-15.5ish. wot i saw it as low as 12.7 to about 14.3

I havent started datatloging but the car is running strong..

one little backfire i guess its running rich between shifts.

The car scrapes on bumps and such... guess the cats dont hug the body well enough lol

We might make a new trans cross member soon.

Neighbors of where the car was located complained today about the noise level...

So since i got the title issues straitened out this morning and the car is registered and insured i had the car towed to chris' work.

Chris set the alignment the best he could... im still at -2.5* camber... but he fixed the toe and caster.

The car was over -4* to start with... so he did a great job... i need shorter fox length A arms and swaybar to fix the issue completely but for now the car drives nice.

After the test drive we decided to change out the brake booster and Master cyl to see if it fixed the brake issue... upon installing the booster we noticed the one stud spinning... took it out and noticed it wasnt pressed in correctly... In order to have the car out by the time the shop closed we put the old booster and the new master that we bench bled on the car... We vac bled the lines and the car is driving much better and the pedal feel is back to semi normal. We are gonna bleed the lines again tomorrow and see if it totally fixes the problem... We slapped the corners in and hooked up the headlights and chris drove it to his house about 10 miles away... It cruised nice with low 14's in AFR :nice::nice::nice::nice::nice:

SO i might be able to return the faulty booster and save some $$$$

Thanks! There is still a bunch of things that need to be done... How much is that show... I could make it but not sure how finished the car will be by then... Also since i dont have a job whats the fee.

Off the top of my head:

Bolt fenders and front bumper on correctly
Wheel wells
Cowl
Wiper blades
Random interior panels
Bolt down battery box and secure wires
Diagnose top hydrolic leak
Put on new top
Diagnose why my fuel pump primes when i turn on HID's normal headlights are no problem
Install new K&N filter should be here Sept 2nd
Reinstall Moates QH and tune correctly
Fix leak where cat back connects to H pipe
Find missing lug nuts and put them on...
Replace right turn signal bulb in cluster
Install head unit and run wires
Clutch cover needs installed
Oil change
Bleed brakes again
Rear seat delete
Fix Low H pipe on Pass side... (buy metal for trans x member)

Windsheild cracked in the heat today... split big time.. . i knew i was gonna need another one but this sped that up..

Once again big thanks to chris for working on my car... and just when we we had to be out of the garage crank and no start.... fuel pump wasnt priming... Then i remembered my problem with a dead short to ground that killed the eec fuse... Checked the canister purge... sure enough dead short to ground... one problem... we were out side... no tools... we got it fixed with a set of needle nose pliers and fuses from chris' own stang.

DSCF1194-1.jpg

DSCF1195-1.jpg

SUMMITS LINE LOCK SUCKS!!! HERE IS THE BRAKE ISSUE!
DSCF1197-1.jpg

Didnt get much done today, chris on the other hand did alot of small things on the car.

Teaser video:
DSCF1200-1.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket