OK, I'm pissed now, I'm not making the right power and oil is still in my intake

My friend has an edelbrock rpm intake and that baffle doesn't come pre installed, you have to screw it on yourself before installing the lower. If you didn't theres your problem. I dont know if that will hurt power or not, but its possible. Something is up with your car, but what? Hmm... Your a/f is spot on, what kinda timing you running? 14-18* initial should be ideal. My friends afr/rpm/fti car likes 15* initial.

Check your oil before you go out tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

Well its hard to read the dipstick because I had to bend it a little to get around the long tubes so I don't think its reading correctly. But just rubbing mh fingers down it there is not a lot of oil on it, it could be that low. This sucks. I gotta find a ride somehow.

Jeremy

Well I guess if I'm gonna put that baffle one, I might as well take the covers off and redo the valvetrain. The valves have been adjusted 3 times already to make sure everything is perfect and the car still runs great when just driving around, its just whenever I want to go, it doesn't go

Jeremy

well who else has ever had a weekend like this, you take your car to the dyno thinking you are getting everything fixed and tuned, but come to find yourself the next day doing this...
tow_car2_0.jpg

tow_car5_0.jpg

I put 2 qts of oil in it just so i could get to this golf tourney for work and half way there I was accel. in 2nd when the damn thing just shut off. I was too far from home to just try to drive it back, plus it was making that poping noise again and some smoke was coming through the shifter bezel again so i had it towed back to my place. I'm gonna get that baffle in there and check everything else out to make sure nothing is outta whack. I did pull the upper rad. hose off and it was kinda dirty inside, not really an oil substance but just a dirty coolant substance. Any ideas?

Jeremy

OK, it doesn't backfired, its popped 3 times with a little bit of smoke coming out of the shifter bezel and its only shut itself off once. I really doubt it was cam timing because it ran like a dream before I had it tuned, it just wasn't tuned.

Jeremy

DARK-5.0 said:
I can't find the one that came with the intakes so I'm gonna have to order a new one. So until now I'm just waiting to see what others think of the problem.

Jeremy

Its been quite a while since I had my intake off the car but I thought the plate under the intake was for keeping the hot oil from splashing on the bottom of the intake.

Oil in the intake could get there by the pcv or I suspect if the baffle under the oil filler tube is gone. I've seen a small amount of oil in my intake and I'm gonna rig up something in the fill tube cause my baffle had to go to make room for the rr's.

IMHO, the popping thing sounds like valves too tight, ingnition timing off, or cam timing off.

Later
Grady

well the baffle is out of the filler tube but it can't make it to the intake because the breather system isn't hooked up. i really hope this is whats causing all of this. i'm gonna do a compression check once the motor is back together. I wish I would have done one before i tore it apart incase i do need to tear it back down again.

Jeremy