Outnumbered By Idiots

I keep hearing this but fail to see it. The other "Mustang forums" at least, were all bought out by companies that don't give a ****. They run old software, non-dynamic interfaces, and are moderated either by someone with half an interest or some corporate glass jaw.

Everyone says, "OMGFTWLOL!!!!!...dotdotdotBBQ, the forums are dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. That's not really the truth. On any given month (even the slow ones) we average between 5500 and 8000 posts by unique users (meaning posts are only counted one time if they create multiple posts in a month).

If anything at all is being killed, it is people who are not used to being held accountable for what they say (an unfortunate side effect of being a community). They're the ones that come in spouting BS and expect everyone to bow before their brilliance. What happens is: You guys either run them off because they are folks that should be asking questions instead of making statements or... They mysteriously disappear for mostly the same reasons.

It's when these facebookers get tired of being told that a cat-back is worth 150 gigapower or that carburetors are the end-all in performance, that they eventually end up here.

To me: FB is a sift, not the competitor. FB is also where they end up after having the door slammed in their faces for being a dumbass.

Honestly, I don't have the energy to try and educate these types about the simplest of things.

How many FBers do you think there are that still think 93 octane fuel burns better/hotter than 89 octane? It's exhausting.

wait... 93 doesn't burn hotter than 89? Next you'll tell me a 160 stat doesn't make your car run cooler thatn a 192.

• Sponsors (?)

You don't say! Step into my office...
lol.jpg

Daaaaang. I'm in the wrong business. I had no idea you could spend that much on a headstone. I think I'll make my own out of concrete..

Reactions: 1 user
You will never be able to get a carb to provide fuel sequentially. You cant make a carb provide more or less fuel to just one cylinder. You cant get the carb to change when it delivers the fuel. All of this is done with EFI. Carb? Nope, nadda, aint a gonna happen. Carbs have their place. In the not to distant future that place will be with the doo doo bird. And yes, I work on carbed cars almost daily.

Reactions: 4 users
well you can but you need to go to a fuel hat with the injectors up high getting rid of all the advantages you listed or go to a dual injector set up which im not a fan of

yes and no... E85 burns cooler but wont actually cool the inlet charge the same as a carb will.

meth on the other hand will cool the charge but its injected pre throttle body

Mike Finnegan and David Freiburger ran a Camaro at Bonneville with a centrifugal blower blowing thru a carb. They stated they didn't use an intercooler because the atomization from the carb actually drops the intake charge temp 100 degrees. I had to back it up and play that part again, because I didn't think I heard it right..

Mike Finnegan and David Freiburger ran a Camaro at Bonneville with a centrifugal blower blowing thru a carb. They stated they didn't use an intercooler because the atomization from the carb actually drops the intake charge temp 100 degrees. I had to back it up and play that part again, because I didn't think I heard it right..
Be interested in what fuel they used. Not saying it's impossible by any means, maybe even possible with e85.
That would definitely be an advantage to a carb setup though, which I hadn't considered. They're still dumb :D

I frequent a lot of turbo sites and something I've noticed is a lot of people have the misconception that they don't need to run an intercooler on their street driven e85 setups because it keeps IATs down enough on its own. Which is just beyond me how they come up with that one. It helps lower combustion temps over pump gas I'm sure, but that's a little tougher for the average guy to measure. Be interested in that data though. I think that misconception probably comes from the EFI guys overhearing the blow-thru carb guys and running with it.

My car will be using meth, as e85 isn't available where I live. It's not something I'm all that excited about doing but seems to be a necessity being limited to 93 octane.

I recently switched from C16 to Pro E85 and I noticed right off that the engine took a lot longer to warm up. Even after a pass driving back down the return road and back to the pits, the car ran a good 20 degrees cooler. And this is with starting the run about 30-40 degrees warmer engine temp than what I would run with C16. With the C16 I tried to keep the engine very cool, as in the temp gauge had not hit 120 degrees yet, while with the E85 I am starting the run at about 140-150 degrees. BTW I have an engine oil pan heater and I like to keep the oil over 180 degrees before making a pass.

I recently switched from C16 to Pro E85 and I noticed right off that the engine took a lot longer to warm up. Even after a pass driving back down the return road and back to the pits, the car ran a good 20 degrees cooler. And this is with starting the run about 30-40 degrees warmer engine temp than what I would run with C16. With the C16 I tried to keep the engine very cool, as in the temp gauge had not hit 120 degrees yet, while with the E85 I am starting the run at about 140-150 degrees. BTW I have an engine oil pan heater and I like to keep the oil over 180 degrees before making a pass.
the heat issue is a byproduct of running on any alcohol based fuel... few guys i know have had issues even getting heat into the motor with it. i really wish we could run M1 with the 85mm on the race car to help keep the temps down. with the solid filled block once it gets warm... it stays warm.... for a long time!!!

In the early nineties Jeep guys were putting m90s on there in line 4 liter. The extra fuel was accomplished with 1 injector from a TBI running only 15 pounds of fuel pressure. Injecting the fuel before the blower not only atomized the fuel but there is no need for an intercooler as the air charge dropped down about 60 degrees.