Performance of a 302

jete

Jul 23, 2006
Lexington Kentucky
So after about 13 hours of research and asking questions about various things relating to my engine and transmission I finally got it all work out. I was wondering though what kind of preformance I can expect out of my combo. I got a bone stock lsc 5.0 with a edlebrock preformer intake and carb along with a set of shorty headers and a duraspark II ignition with an electric fan and an accel coil, with a 81 pan fill C4 with a B&M stahl converter. I was wondering what kind of preformance I could prolly expect in the quarter mile or 1/8 and what kinda horsepower and torque I might expect. Also I was wondering if I should get a special kind of plug. Maybe some bosch platinums along with some ford 9mm wires. I read somewhere that the duraspark II was a great ignition system up to about350 horses and im sure I wont have that. I was going to replace most the gasket on the old motor too and I was thinking about switching to some synthetic oil as well as ive had some good luck with that. The timing cover is coming off of my 74 351w and one thing that im still trying to figure out is which water pump im going to need. A reverse or regular water pump. All input would be appriciated.

• Sponsors (?)