Pics of my 331 Trickflow build....

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

looks great. also do you have anymore pics of the filler neck and or install?

Also If it were me but it isnt (I cant afford it) i would paint or match it with another color, just so it doesnt stick out, Also can you please put some grease:D on your engine its toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cleans and makes me feel bad about my dirty stock mottor.:nonono: :nice:

looks great. also do you have anymore pics of the filler neck and or install?

Also If it were me but it isnt (I cant afford it) i would paint or match it with another color, just so it doesnt stick out, Also can you please put some grease:D on your engine its toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cleans and makes me feel bad about my dirty stock mottor.:nonono: :nice:

I'll have pics soon. The filler tube actually looks good that color. Works well with the colors of my Throttle body and C&L pipe.

I just hooked up the C&L pipe, LMAF, and air filter yesterday. I was going to route it in the fender, but thought I could use a 4" 45* elbow. Needed the 4" 90* or a smaller base on the filter. :bang:

So for now I just have the filter on the end of the LMAF in the engine compartment. That'll get me going for a while.

I'm now good friends with a guy that owns a transmission shop. It should hold up well, but he's the type of person that might have me drop the car off after the season is over just to check wear before a problem arises. So we'll see. I've learned a few things this year about our transmissions. Especially the manual shifting side of things. :D I replied in your thread about it.

I had a major goof on my project... ironically it's AODE based. One should NOT forget to put the transmission hard lines back in the car BEFORE dropping the new engine in, no matter how excited one is to see their new monster in the car. :bang:

I couldn't get the damn things back in. So last night we cut them and flared in some new couplings. Now they are two piece. :D

My converter just got back from Andre, and I should have the wideband wired up tonight. I'm ALMOST ready to fire it up.

Working my arse off until 1am every morning. :lol:

Had a small goof that cost me a day. When one is excited to drop a new engine in a car, one should not forget that the transmission hard lines go in BEFORE the engine. :bang:

After pricing SS flex.... I ended up cutting and flaring the factory hardlines and making them each two pieces. I sure hope the connections hold.

Stall is finally here. Picking up the tranny fluid from Diff-man's shop today.

Earlier this week I started reinstalling the Zex kit and the purge. I'm getting another shipment of parts for it today, hopefully finish it up tonight.

Last night I built a custom bracket to hold my Wideband display. Hopefully I'll get that all wired up tonight as well.

My cousin's husband has been helping when I needed a second person. He may have to work Saturday, so I may be begging for help to put the transmission back in. Then fire the engine up on Sunday.

Time = my enemy. :fuss:

331_installed.jpg

331_installed2.jpg

331_installed3.jpg

331_wideband.jpg

It's alive! I know, I need to put my CD player in, and reroute the plug wires. We were in a hurry.

Now if the storms would just clear out, I could put some miles on the car.

Right now I have the first tune from Don at Lasota Racing in the car. And I have to say I'm extremely impressed. For as drastic of a change as what my car has gone through. It starts up pretty descent, and it will idle sometimes on it's own. I can't wait to get him some data logs and see where he can take it from here. :nice:

I hope to install the hood tonight. It should fit, I may notch the support just for extra comfort though. I would hate to scratch that nice power coated intake. I was hoping to go hoodless for a while, rain sucks. :notnice:

Status
Not open for further replies.