Pro Chamber, cheaper than H-Pipe?

Well i got my latemodel restoration supply catalog and was turning the pages and i saw the pro chamber for 224$ ? WTF, i paid 227 (+9$ shipping) for my off road h-pipe from jegs.....:-( now i wish i waited......anyone else see this?

• Sponsors (?)

custom89stang said:
stangbear427, where did u order it from? maybe i'll sell my off road h pipe on ebay and get that?
It was on the car when I bought it. It had been on there awhile, and I ran it for two years. In spite of our New England weather, rain, snow, sand and salt, etc... and despite what people say about MAC products not holding up, I never had any such problems. It didn't rust, rot, or in any other manner decay, and I'm sure I would have gotten many more years out of it. I had to trash it after putting in my driveshaft loop, which was located right over the crossover chamber and they rubbed. Very annoying, and it was forced to hang down too low so it hit on everything and got all beat up. We took a torch to it to soften it up and mushed it up around the loop for some extra clearance, but I just couldn't take the vibration. When we finally pulled it out, it was pretty whipped- but considering the abuse it took I'd say it was an outstanding quality piece. Nothing should be able to stand up to what I put it through. Unless you are independently wealthy or have nothing better to blow money on, I wouldn't bother with it until the one you have is on the fritz. They are both vastly superior to stock, and that's what counts. I believe it's better, but many don't- and I think in the end it's a case by case basis. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... and if it is broke, upgrade it! :nice:

ok kool, my h-pipe isnt broken so i'll keep it and when it breaks i'll get the prochamber, thanks for the advice stangbear!

asufordpimp, you will have to tell me how it sounds and how it feels when its on ur car! any input is appreciated! thanks again guys!

That did sound good! About how I remember it. Mine was a little deaper, but I had MAC
Flowpaths, not Flowmasters. Whew! Your new Prochamber will really have it's work cut out for it to fill a Bassini X pipe's shoes. Definately let us know your conclusions. That's kinda like wrecking a Ferrari and buying a Mustang instead, no offense to ouur noble steeds...

yeah, i understand what your sayin about the ferrari to mustang thing.... hopefully the prochamber wont have the clearance problems with the t56 that i had with the bassani.... it wasnt bad, but it would hit once in a while..... i think im really gonna like the prochamber though cause the bassani was a little too raspy/metallic for my taste, which is pretty much expected out of an x pipe. mine should be really deep cause i have mac pro dump mufflers on it, which is basically a set of flowpaths with turndowns welded on them.... ill definately let yall know what i think. ive got alot of work to do the next couple weeks cause i got a bunch of stuff waiting to go on (mac prochamber, 130 amp pa alternator, corbeau seats and harnesses, and the frpp 5 lug/ cobra 4 wheel disk brake conversion)