Project 81 Hack Job!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I wish I could reply to all of you guys, but I 'll try...

Stripped88---Yes...I almost needed sunglasses I swear...it was actually challenging to paint the yellow because it doesn't cover as easy. I am using a white sealer on the car befor I spray the yellow, so it will cover much easier over that, than the yellow primer.

GT-Rich----I painted my 91 black notch like you described...I painted the body, then the other parts seperate, but I hated putting things together all painted...very nerve racking.

TTop88----It is Chrome Yellow. Code BZ. The Zinc yellow is B7. I was carefull NOT to get that one...hehe.

Aaron---Me too brother!! I am shooting for next weekend, but today I realized I have a lot of bull***** to do. I have to get all the old adhesive off the moldings, trim the rear cover on the bottom to mount the 2001 tailpipe hangers. I have to send my front cover to this Strip-It place to have it blasted...or I might see it I have another cover.

AllballsMustang---It is a crazy color, very different from anything else I have done. I bet people never missed your F350 coming!!!

LaserSVT--No....girlfriend for sure!..:)

Ryan218---Man, believe me, I would love to help you out, I love painting. I haven't painted anything in a while, I am glad I got to work the rust out on the jams, so when I spray the car, I will be back to normal. Too bad you weren't closer.

PICS MONDAY MORNING...(I left my USB cable at work.) Pics of doors, fenders, hood and trunk on car!!! Lokks much different. Stay tuned.......!!!!

It's Monday morning.

:D

Yes, indeed it is!!:D I am up and at 'em now!

Here are the two pics I snapped. Fixed 3 of the smallest dings I have ever seen in the hood. By the time I sanded out the finishing putty, there was about .00001 oz. in them:D

Enjoy....This makes me very happy seeing it as a car again.

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

Remember this?????

81notchproject004.jpg

81notchproject003.jpg

:rlaugh: Amazing what 1 million hours of time does!!:nice:

25th---Thank you for the compliments...but as the looks of your threads, your car came a long way too....from being white with red interior to grey/black interior with your AWESOME COLOR SCHEME...your car is one of the best lookin foxes around.

HTownFiveoh---Believe me I will. I need to get the ball rolling Tuesday night and Wednesday night after work. I would like to get it taped and ready Friday night/Saturday after work, then spray it Sunday.

BUT....If I can't get things as I want them these 3 nights, I do not want to rush this, so it might get pushed to March 21-22.

Why not leave it a four eye?

Let's not go there.:D

This question was turned into a 4-5 page thread that got closed. Many like the idea, and many didn't....so we all battled a while. It has calmed down since then, and I have a lot of members who have been following me along the way and I appretiate that!!:D

It all comes down to what you want when building a car, and that is what I wanted. Never build a car for someone else.

Thanks to all you guys!!

Isn't progress grand? Just like you, SVT, I can't wait to see this thing complete. Its gonna be :drool:

Thanks Prime!! Progess is GRAND!! I think back to:

July...both cars sitting next to each other complete, but needing switching.

August, sanding and painting under the hood.

December, putting Cascade Audio Engineering sound dampening on the firewall, floor and hinge pillars.

Check this out!!!
81notchproject002.jpg

81notchproject001.jpg

Man, I have put in too many hours!!!!