Project WEEK 12 Almost Done...Car on the Road!!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Well week 10 saw startup of engine. Since then we finished a lot of the suspension/brake work...Steeda U/L control arms. KYB rear shocks, Brembo rear rotors... finishing with the battery bolt down, secure up some things in the engine, and get all the gauges working.

Im still waiting for the hood to get painted (underside), and there are a few more little details still to go. We got the car out and around the block a few times with some minor problems that we fixed. We got a 5-minute data log which I sent to Wes to look at.

Here is a pic of the engine...we still have to straighten up the wires, install the hood, and put on the polished UPR radiator cover, but you get the general idea:

2336046NEWEngine.jpg

I am waiting for the vids to be processed...will get them post in about 3-4 hours. Heading out to take my "PIT CREW" for a Steak Dinner!!

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like its running pretty good :nice:

Your car is begging for an RR Hood!!

I have a Cobra R hood for it. In the first post I mention that Im waiting for the underside to be painted. The painter called me tonight to tell me that the hood is finished (underside). He used the paint left over from the engine bay so he's not charging me. I have the UPR hood brace: Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - UPR Extreme Hood Brace System 1979-2008 Mustangs

to install on it I should be getting it painted next year, but wanted to to paint the underside of the hood so that it's out of the way and matches the engine bay.

He's bringing the hood over tomorrow.

Thanks
RC

Looks phenomenal RC.
It’s kind of interesting driving around without a hood. Especially when the engine bay looks like that. You’ll get people hanging out the car window to get a look at it.

I have one nieghbor from down the street that was in his boat looking "DOWN" into the car as I drove by...he gave me the :nice::nice:

The painter brought the hood back for me today... I need to try to get it on this week.

Thanks
RC

Thanks....today is the FIRST day We took it out for more than 1-2 miles.. RODE STRONG stayed at 180* for a bit, the heated up a little more after shutting down. Did some data logging at idle in the sun, and ot gpt close to 210. I would like to see some lowering in the temps. Still a couple codes and warning lights that I will address in another post.

Thanks
RC