Pulling the Wheels up

Owned

Aug 29, 2004
I think its Awesome and i want to do it in my car next season at the track. I know it can hurt you time or whatever i just wanna get a badass picture.

MY mods are in my info

I have a Nx wet kit on the way adjustable 50-150 (running a 100shot)

For x mas im getting Full Length subframes
DragRadials on weld wheels
and lca's

SHould i be able to do this or and i just a loser
Im gonna launch around 4k rpms hopefully with n2o

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think you'll pull the wheels....

red2000GT is a local guy around here, runs gears, LT, offroad x, built bottom end with a 150 shot and i belive he leaves the line at about 5-5500 (nitrous and all) on slicks(m/t et drags) and he dosnt pull the wheels, so i dont think you will be either however, if you have skinnies up front, you might pull them off :nice:

Your gonna need alot more to yank the wheels than what your bringing or getting for christmas. Theres about 20 sn95 mustangs that go to my local strip that have more power and suspension than you that still aren't pulling the wheels.

Your gonna need

1. 26x10.5 et drags or 26x12.5 et streets (both tires have about 11 inches of tread patch, et drags and et streets width is measured different)
2. Launch the car at 6,200 or whatever your rev limiter is set at
2. battery relocation
3. k-member kit, drag coil-overs(125lb or 150lb), drag struts (90/10's)
4. fiberglass hood
5. 125 or 150 shot
6. some hp mods depending on what you already have, like cams or long tubes
7. drag upper and lower control arms
8. drag shocks and drag rear springs (fox body v-8 rear springs) or drag coil-overs
9. front sway bar delete
10. front skinnies

After those mods you might not get the front off the ground, it'll depend on how well your track prep is. Do you have a good track. A good example of great track prep is do you see alot of broke rear ends when you go to the track. Like when i broke my rear end on drag radials there were 11 other street cars that broke either an axle or there differential.

Josh

for the record, his car has a stock fiberglass hood, so he wont need that... and i dont think he is going to have to ditch all those parts, the drag springs/shocks arnt a bad idea... but you dont need to dismantle your car just to pop the wheels.. the k member would help, but again not necessary... battery relocation is a good idea, and its cheap.

and an 11 inch wide tire??? common now, thats nice but its not necessary, with a proper burnout you should be able to hook on a roughly 8 inch wide ET drag... red2000 gets alittle chirp, but he also dosnt usualyl heat them up that much because he dosnt want to break stuff on a dead hook.

lets not break this guys wallet just to pop the wheels here :D

:cheers:

-Ryan

:rlaugh: :lol:
It's gonna take a Hell of A LOT more than what you've got to pull your front wheels off the ground. :rlaugh: :lol:

Even if you had the Torque and HP, your stock rear axle won't be anywhere near strong enough to handle the power that you'd need (which you don't have) to be able to hook good enough to do get the front end up. :owned:

Better start writing out a BIG Wish List for Santa! :rlaugh: :lol:

You need a lot. This is with a 6800 rpm launch on a 150 shot on 28" ET Drags. Ain't going to happen on drag radials. Get your check book ready.

pen138launch.jpg

Joe

Attachments

• pen138launch.jpg
    pen138launch.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 62
I don't pull the wheels. It takes a lot more than you think. It's not so much on the power but on the drivetrain. It takes one serious shock to pull the front wheels. I've seen bolton gt's with drag springs and slicks pull the front about 3/4''. But that's also a rev-limiter launch. If I wanted to pull my wheels I know I could but I would want to drive my car home from the track not ride home in a tow truck.