Quad City Area Mustangs

bigdogcq said:
Hey guys I am local to, Eldridge as well, I don't know if I have seen any of you around. If anyone wants to do a meeting count me in. I am just a lonely mild modded V6 but I am trying to find a V8 to build for next spring so keep an eye out for me.
any pics

• Sponsors (?)

bigdogcq said:
Hey guys I am local to, Eldridge as well, I don't know if I have seen any of you around. If anyone wants to do a meeting count me in. I am just a lonely mild modded V6 but I am trying to find a V8 to build for next spring so keep an eye out for me.

Which year range of motor you're looking for might be helpful if you have a preference between 5.0 & 4.6. I don't know of any off the bat, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

BTW, welcome to Stangnet.

super302 said:
sure thing
is your brother '18mustangs' doing anything, haven't met him yet

oh ya, did you ever get SFC's
I can see if my brother wants to get together this weekend. Are you thinking Friday Patrick? No i haven't got subframes yet... are you wanting to cut me a deal on yours? :D

bigdogcq said:
What's your name and what color is your car... There might be an outside chance i have seen you or have heard of you. Eldridge isn't that big :nice:

mustangramair said:
What's your name and what color is your car... There might be an outside chance i have seen you or have heard of you. Eldridge isn't that big :nice:

You would know if you saw me, my car is a Black 95 I have a saleen type body kit and roush side exhaust. I have done a head cam and intake package as well as duals to my 6 banger. I recently dropped in an 8.8 rear with 3.73's as I was going to turbo the V6 but I am thinking a V8 just makes more sense at this point. It's been out of comission the last week or so while I swapped in the rear, brakes, springs, shocks and struts, and a coil over kit. Now I am waiting on a set of banjo bolts for my front calipers and I will be able to actually break in that rear.

I want to find a 4.6 SOHC or go DOHC, all depends on the price. Right now I really want to get a cobra motor to build. I might just use a 2v and get some PI heads and intakes worked.
If anyone knows anyone with parts or a whole engine in the area let me know
[email protected]

BTW, super 302, I have seen that thing at scott, just figured it was another V6, thats gotta be a heck of a sleeper, did you swap that in or change the bumper?

My name is Chris

bigdogcq said:
BTW, super 302, I have seen that thing at scott, just figured it was another V6, thats gotta be a heck of a sleeper, did you swap that in or change the bumper?

My name is Chris

you go to scott??

cool :nice:

I didn't do the swap....i'd fock something up bigtime :p
The rear and front bumper are GT bumpers, so the rear has the dual exhaust cutouts.

bigdogcq said:
You would know if you saw me, my car is a Black 95 I have a saleen type body kit and roush side exhaust. I have done a head cam and intake package as well as duals to my 6 banger. I recently dropped in an 8.8 rear with 3.73's as I was going to turbo the V6 but I am thinking a V8 just makes more sense at this point. It's been out of comission the last week or so while I swapped in the rear, brakes, springs, shocks and struts, and a coil over kit. Now I am waiting on a set of banjo bolts for my front calipers and I will be able to actually break in that rear.

I want to find a 4.6 SOHC or go DOHC, all depends on the price. Right now I really want to get a cobra motor to build. I might just use a 2v and get some PI heads and intakes worked.
If anyone knows anyone with parts or a whole engine in the area let me know
[email protected]
Sounds like a nice car, next time i am in Eldridge i wll keep a look out!

Yeah, now that I got everything in and working I will be driving the car alot more (I have been riding my motorcycle) Now I have this damn knock that comes from my front passanger side in right turns. I think the coil over is hitting my wheel due to needing an alignment....

Well I am going to be getting my cobra engine next week I believe :nice: the block has a crack, probably going to replace with 03-04 if it can not be repaired reliably (as if they ever could). Where is the best place in the area to get work done on mustang engines, My bud goes to the Car Shop in moline for his 4 banger just looking for as much information as I can get.

Oh the excitment.... :D

Check with Mike's Automotive in Moline across from the LeClaire Hotel and ask for James. If he can't help you he will know someone who can. The only guy I know that can build a 514 from scratch and drop it in an 89 LX with no help. Then again it is what he went to college for.

super302, I noticed your car on e-bay, atleast it looked like your car. Whats got you selling it? Mind if I ask how much you want?
Oh and care to take me for a test drive? I want to know what the 32 valve feels like (had to word that carefully)

ya, i have a guy coming to look at it thursday....i go through cars VERY quickly (18 years old and on my 6th 'stang)

where do you live, i'll take you for a ride :nice:
how about thursday after the guy leaves or whatever.

just PM me or whatever

I have noticed that the forum has kind of died off recently. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep it going. Maybe a talk about getting a local mustang club established, as I do not believe there is one in the Quad City Area.

wow... I always forget about this forum.. I'm always in s197 talk and 4.6L talk... Cervini's kit is all here except for the grill, but we have to sell a motorhome we bought to get it painted... my girlfriend's dad sells cars and says "hey, but this motorhome and I'll make you some money..." that was July. Oh well, it'll happen. But I did get the sidepipes on the other day. New pics are in cardomain or you can check a video out here

http://media.putfile.com/stanggt03mchsicom-05-Mustang-with-Magnaflow-side-exiting-exhaust

What's going on Nick? We'll have to cruise this spring... Haven't been able to drive b/c of the accident....

Thanks for getting the forum going again. Its about time someone put some money into one of the new stangs I would love to hear and see it when it is completed. When completed log onto mustangworld.com and submit your pics for the spotlight car. There has not been any modded 05's I am sure that you would be selected. Keep up the good work.