Quad City Area Mustangs

qcrun98 said:
Thanks for getting the forum going again. Its about time someone put some money into one of the new stangs I would love to hear and see it when it is completed. When completed log onto mustangworld.com and submit your pics for the spotlight car. There has not been any modded 05's I am sure that you would be selected. Keep up the good work.

Will do!

• Sponsors (?)

the '05 is out at my girlfriend's dad's house, awaiting a portable car port to put it in. The Cobra is in the driveway. Forgot to get a tarp for it... but not really concerned, it's getting restored next year.

Hey Steve, your 05 looks awesome! Are you fully recovered from your accident, that was crazy man! I never look here for Qaud Cities, i always look at www.svtperformance.com for what's up in the Quad Cities. Mods for me over the winter are, porting my lower intake so it flows what my heads do, maybe subframes, and i might get underdrive pullies.

Cool those are some of the plans that I have for my stang. The problem is the person I bought my stang from did not know what the modifications were except the previous owner was building it for Cordova and the engine had been rebuilt. I can tell all of the obvious visual things done to it but can't tell on the heads or if the intake has been p/p. I found a sound clip for cams installed in 5.0's and mine sounds more like the B303.

qcrun98 said:
Cool those are some of the plans that I have for my stang. The problem is the person I bought my stang from did not know what the modifications were except the previous owner was building it for Cordova and the engine had been rebuilt. I can tell all of the obvious visual things done to it but can't tell on the heads or if the intake has been p/p. I found a sound clip for cams installed in 5.0's and mine sounds more like the B303.
That always sucks, you never know what the person did before you or how much he knew when he was building the car... luckily mine was stock except for gears and shifter when i got it. My brother has a b-cam in his car, sounds pretty sweet. Also if anyone is interested, i am selling FMS 24# injectors for my roommate, they have 18K on them. $130 OBO ~nick

mustangramair said:
Hey Steve, your 05 looks awesome! Are you fully recovered from your accident, that was crazy man! I never look here for Qaud Cities, i always look at www.svtperformance.com for what's up in the Quad Cities. Mods for me over the winter are, porting my lower intake so it flows what my heads do, maybe subframes, and i might get underdrive pullies.

Thanks man. Technically, it's my girlfriend's, but really we act like a married couple. If I would've got another mustang, she would've got an SUV, but I needed the cargo room for my band equiptment, so I bought the magnum and she bought the mustang. it's all semantics, really. still consider it mine :nice: Yeah, i'm recovered now. Took a long time, but I'm good to go. Haven't tried running long distance, but other than that, I'm good. Just have trouble sleeping on my side sometimes. Stupid hips. Well, next spring the body kit will be on, and I'm sure we'll meet up man. I'd come check out the site, but I go to too many sites now. Gotta have time to play my PSP, XBOX, work on the cars, and sing too lol. And somewhere in there I have to go to work.

DarkFireGT said:
Thanks man. Technically, it's my girlfriend's, but really we act like a married couple. If I would've got another mustang, she would've got an SUV, but I needed the cargo room for my band equiptment, so I bought the magnum and she bought the mustang. it's all semantics, really. still consider it mine :nice: Yeah, i'm recovered now. Took a long time, but I'm good to go. Haven't tried running long distance, but other than that, I'm good. Just have trouble sleeping on my side sometimes. Stupid hips. Well, next spring the body kit will be on, and I'm sure we'll meet up man. I'd come check out the site, but I go to too many sites now. Gotta have time to play my PSP, XBOX, work on the cars, and sing too lol. And somewhere in there I have to go to work.
That's good to hear that you are recovered now man, those pictures were bad. Just as long as you get to drive the stang, that's all that matters:nice: I'm already looking foward to driving my car in spring again, it would be sweet to meet up again! Where does your band play, it would be sweet to watch your band and drink some beer!

Nowhere right now. I had planned on having a band together by summer, but the wreck happened, so I couldn't do much, especially lug equiptment around. I just hooked up with a new guitarist, so we'll see what happens with him. I had a couple people from an established band around here, but that fell through, so for now I'm practicing at home on my PA and hitting karaoke up on saturday nights to keep my voice in shape. I'm hoping by summer to be out gigging. I'll definitely let you know. Can always come down to the karaoke bar. I know the owner. He's a cool guy.

This thread just needed some life in it, so here's a couple of pictures so I'm at least not posting absolutely nothing.

2052289_43_full.jpg

2093434_2_full.jpg