Re-post. Making 350 HP daily driver

• Sponsors (?)

87mustang347 said:
yah r u looking for rwhp cause that trick flow kit says it makes 350 butt hats to the crank because they do all there testing on an engine dyno. matter of fact prolly every company does that juss to mkae it seem like its more hp. ive never seen an n/a 302 have more the 300hp to the wheels and ive only seen a couple of people with 347's that have dynoed at no more then 330 to the wheels so yes i think that 350 n/a to the wheels on a 302 is gonna be impossible on a street driven car
350rwhp? ummm,,noslo90,,ranchero5.0,,,and I know theres alot of others :nice:

I'm with Ranchero - if you want street civility just bolt a blower on it. 350 rwhp isn't hard to do with boost, and you'll retain your drivability. A 350 rwhp naturally aspirated 302 isn't something that MOST people would want to live with stuck in stop and go day in and day out in the middle of the summer. It is a subjective call - but I'm pretty sure the majority of folks would define it as less than streetable. That doesn't mean there won't be some folks that do it anyway -- good for them. Not me though.

If you want 350 rwhp streetable and naturally aspirated for a 3000-3500 lb car, you need to get the displacement up into the 350-400 cubic inch range to get enough bottom end torque to make it reasonable enough for every day use. Just my opinion though.

Whoa, I had never seen that much replies to my posts, thank you all for the insight. I f****** up again. I wanted around 350 to the crank. But is not bad if if can make it to the wheels. Looks like I am going with the combo I mentioned and the Boost. Damn Michael, You are a posting Mutha :hail2: . Thanks to all in keeping the Mustang spirit going. :nice:

TITAN STANG said:
Thanks all for the info. I need this information cause I cannot stand to see other car with more power on the street today. I was thinking of this combo:

New BBK high performance Ford EFI intake
AFR 165cc Heads
24# pound injectors
255 lph fuel pump
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
MSD 6A ignition
msd blaster coil

You don't need the upgraded ignition, I'd get some 1.7 rockers and notch the pistons for the bigger valves... easy 350+ power...

See my sig... for my 302 build up, it's going to a real dyno once done but desktop dyno reads 443HP So even if it's off, it won't be by much... :D can you say vroooooooooooooooooooooooom hehe