Really shocked at new 5.0 prices..

VOORHEES

Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy
Mod Dude
Nov 9, 1999
LaGrange, GA
First off.
I drove my GT to work yesterday, It was great getting it out on a nice day. So, I was driving around and saw a new 2011 5.0 on the local lot. Black on black vert. Sweet!

Then the reality kicks in....the sticker was $42,000+!!! They had a no haggle frice of $38,500, but still I was honestly shocked.

Holy Crap! Never thought I'd see the day.

Guess I'll be hanging onto the 70,000 mile 1999 GT I have.

Is that price typical on the new 5.0?

-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Mine was about 30K in 03 so that's about 1k a year increase for the same style car. You better buy it today cause it's only gonna get more expensive next year.;)

Yeah if it was a truely loaded vert i an easily see 40K$. With the susp pack, big brake kit, interior options, gear options. There are truely many factory options for the ne 5.0s to add to the sticker price pretty quick.

that 2011 must have had every option u can put on one , u should be able to pick up a nice gt with leather for 32-33k but after u add nav and backup cameras and stuff they jump way up there ... i dont think a mustang needs all the stuff its a damn muscle car not a lexus ..........

that 2011 must have had every option u can put on one , u should be able to pick up a nice gt with leather for 32-33k but after u add nav and backup cameras and stuff they jump way up there ... i dont think a mustang needs all the stuff its a damn muscle car not a lexus ..........

Hence the options. You can get one without all the bells and whistles for about $30K.

I optioned one out online and it came to about $35K. But my options were the TrackPack, Brembo brakes, the electronics package, and a couple of the exterior add-ons--side scoops and the rear decklid thing.

My 2003 Premium GT stickered for $25,900 (I got it for $23K out-the-door). The only two options it doesn't have are the Mach 1000 and the automatic transmission.

ya...it's feature creep more than anything else...

the Mustang has moved from a "working man's" sports car to more of a executive's toy...and I don't think that bodes well for the long term health of the Mustang

+1
I cant even imagine paying that much for a Mustang :(

But , i guess since every other car company keeps upping their power, handling etc. ford has no choice but to keep up the pace. Sadly for some of us (like me), we cant keep up. Maybe in 2016 ill get a 2011 5.0. :p

to me it feels like the early 70's all over again...everything is about bigger and more...let's just hope the Mustang goes back to its roots and that we don't see the reincarnation of the Mustang II...

(although truth be told, I think I might prefer a '77 Cobra to one of the new ones...)

edit to add: I just checked online to get a price on an equivalently equipped GT convertible to what mine was when it was new, it would be a touch over $40,000...and that's not nearly the top end of GT prices, if I got "everything" but the auto like my current GT is it's closer to $45,000

I don't have the numbers, but it seems like a HUGE increase in price compared to the price going from an 89 Mustang to a 2000 Mustang

The sticker price on my car was $40,900 so prices have barely gone up since 2003.

I agree. I don't think $35-$38K for these 2011 GT's is outrageous at all. A Mach was $30K in late 2002, and a Cobra was $35K-$38K in spring 2002. Granted the GT's are'nt special production, but they've got the goods to back up the price, and just like any car they'll come down in price as the year wears on.

I agree. I don't think $35-$38K for these 2011 GT's is outrageous at all. A Mach was $30K in late 2002, and a Cobra was $35K-$38K in spring 2002. Granted the GT's are'nt special production, but they've got the goods to back up the price, and just like any car they'll come down in price as the year wears on.

take a look back at the economy in 2002 and compare it to today....I dont the price is fair considering its a GT. I say give it a year or two and the price will drop quite a bit if the economy doesnt get any better.