Rear 5 leaf install question

Well I finally got a free chance to work on the rear springs this weekend and have a question. It has been sitting with one spring out for 3 weeks now.... I got the passenger side installed finger tight and both sub-frame connectors welded in. I noticed that with the new springs the centering tab is back approximately 3/4 - 1" from where the stock springs had it at. I was working on 1 side at a time and had to pull the rear back and push in a bit on the spring to get the pin lined up. I didn't get to install the drivers side as I just prepped and sprayed the bed liner coating in the fender and under-body. (Great sound deadener by the way!) Both new springs have the tab in the same location so the rear will sit straight when installed, but should I be concerned that the rear will be moved back a samll amount? It is probebly a dumb question but hey I gota ask.

• Sponsors (?)

they should move back and forth when you drive the car. when you go up and down bumps, the bushings/shackle will move back and forth.

you might be able to make then settle if you push up and down on the back of the car, like you're going over a bump.

The driveshaft should be able to move to compensate for that but I'd check it at full extension just to give yourself piece of mind. Throw a wheel on and see how it looks in the wheel well to make sure it looks centered. I'm getting ready to install my rear leaf springs but currently on hold for parts. Wanted to go with the 1" lowering springs from NPD but they're out of stock. Eaton, the guys who make them for NPD are not that far away but their price is a lot more for one set for me than a bunch for NPD. Did you go with the stock springs?

I got a set of 5 leaf mid eyes from Laurel Mountain Mustangs, not sure of the brand, but anything is better then the originals I pulled off. If it wasn't for the helper springs I put on it 14 years ago it would have been riding on the bump stops....