Rear gas tank and front tilt hood pics..

Lookin good. I am gonna be in the same boat as you are in a few weeks, with the exception of all the fab work you have done. Its time to repaint my 93 vert.

I do have a quick question for you. Are you painting and clearing the doors, hood, fenders and trunklid off the car and then hanging them or are you gonna paint the jams and then hang the doors and everything else and then paint it?

I am trying to figure out the best way to do mine. I have the fenders, bumpers, all the trim and hood off right now. I know that I am gonna have to pull the doors to jamb but am not sure about painting everything off the car. The car is going to be BC/CC two tone. The lower trim is the titanium and the upper part of the car is going to be medium blue. Basically the same colors as the factory.

Looks good and keep us updated. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I will say, it looks great. You do good work. What i was saying before was just out of concern for a fellow 'stanger :nice:
Thanks I'm glad some people are concerned..LOL .Thanks 85_SS_302_Coupe. Well I haven't done anything today yet...HANGOVER!!!!!!!Im taking advantage of my new garage using it as a both side the garage wals are not painted just have texture and my girl wants me to put the two part epoxy sealer on the floor so im not really worried of a mess.

Heres an update on my mustang. I been working on my stang for a very long time by myself, I've done everything on my own, This weekend I was working on the stang getting it ready to paint, A friend shows up he offered to help , And i was relly happy, I had him sand my hood and doors for a final sanding(second coat of primer), I steped out for a few minutes when I come back he said he was done,,,:eek:.... Yeah that was about the look I had he had sanded my stuff with 100 grit.....I was :mad:and wanted to :cry: and definetly wanted to beat the:chair: out of him......but i don't blame him I guess. He actually volunteer, something ive haven't been offered for a long while..So i did what a good friend would do.... I had him go to the store get some CORONAS and had showed him how to primer and sand my hood all over again.. it turn out ok.but anyways sorry about my long sad story here are some pictures of some parts and fenders that i had him primer also ........

PS last time someone will help me again...LOL
Picture010.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

parts.jpg

Picture014.jpg

hood.jpg

I worked A lot on that hood thats why I was mad and sad at the same time that hood had to be modified to clear my rear hook were it latched on to the back and also it had an unfinished liner inside so I smooth it out...

Picture153-1.jpg

Heres my engine waiting patiently in the corner of my garage. Waiting to get unwraped.....:D

Attachments

• Picture010.jpg
    Picture010.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 88
  • parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture009-1.jpg
    Picture009-1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 98
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture014.jpg
    Picture014.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture153-1.jpg
    Picture153-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
New pictures!!!!!!! Update!!!!!!

Here are some pictures of my mustang, I started Painting my jams, my hood,engine bay, trunk area, trunk, mirrors and other little things.....I had some extra pipes and build a rack to paint my stuff.. here are some pictures it came out good. some pictures look like I was looking in the mirror or like its chrome..sorry its a lot of pictures.............
Picture166.jpg

This picture is the first coat of basecoat no clear......
Picture165.jpg

View attachment 288933
View attachment 288935
Picture162.jpg

View attachment 288939
Heres the inside of my hood it looks like a mirror after some clear coats
View attachment 288941
View attachment 288943
Heres a night shot of my bay, will get some more tomorrow
View attachment 288945
View attachment 288947
Picture175.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Picture182.jpg

Picture181.jpg

I just have to put my car together, wire my engine bay and paint the outside of the car..I'll post some more pictures later..Let me know what you think!!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture165.jpg
    Picture165.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture166.jpg
    Picture166.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture161.jpg
    Picture161.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture175.jpg
    Picture175.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture187.jpg
    Picture187.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture186.jpg
    Picture186.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture185.jpg
    Picture185.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture182.jpg
    Picture182.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture181.jpg
    Picture181.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 74
Looks good...:nice: Good old 99k thats a base for alot of colors..used it plenty of times when i used to mix paint for body shops at my old job...Keep up the good work cant wait to see the finished pictures....

looks real good man...cant wait to see how it looks

Yeah I can't wait also, I went to sleep at 5 in the morning last night masking and putting up plastic in my garage then woke up at 9:30 to finish up the taping then, when I painted, i went to my mothers to eat, then could wait to get home to unwrap it..I almost wet myself.......LOL..

Hey guys/girls I have some questions.....i want to reroute my brakelines where is a great place to run them. I had them right under the firewall lip but don't want them there anymore.I also have almost all my wiring figures out since I had done that before i started taking my car apart, but the only thing is were can i put my vacum tree and that smog stuff that was on my passenger side, Don't have smog stuff so do I need it? Any suggestions?Pictures if you have any please, I want to add an anti-roll kit also.

:mad:I'm also so piss off I forgot to cut my engine bay were the powerpipe goes out..:mad:, Any ideas of how I can open it without damaging my paint? It has to be 4 inches..

One more thing,, I painted my engine red and added clear to it,But after seeing how my car turned out in blk I want to change it to black.. What do you think? This is how it looks...

P1011911.jpg

P1011917.jpg

sorry im asking to many ?s but I want to make sure its ready before I put my engine in..Hope fully I buy A cheap used or new tubular K memker......(wishing for christmas):D

Attachments

• P1011917.jpg
    P1011917.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
  • P1011911.jpg
    P1011911.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 83
I was cleaning up my garage after the paint job, so I found these I forgot I had bought them for cheap on Ebay,but anyways I didn't like the blue on it so I polished it.I was thinking of painting it black but Changed my mind. Here are some before and after pictures of how it looked. I put the blue one on the car just to take a pic to see how it would look.Sorry pictures aren't that great..

Picture220.jpg

Picture230.jpg

Picture214.jpg

Attachments

• Picture230.jpg
    Picture230.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture220.jpg
    Picture220.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture214.jpg
    Picture214.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 83
Door hinge and bushing install...

I installed one of my doors in today.. I waited all day for some help(friends and brother), but like always they weren't around. So I used my only friend I have my Engine hoist.I've done most of my car by myself (like 95% of it)no friends, no brother, no shops,The only thing I'll need from a shop will be my aligment and mytune when i get it going other than that, I've manage to work by myself without any help,Anyways I was just venting a little,,,,LOL. Like I was saying I started my door and bushing install, I took my engine hoist and two of my tie down straps to balance it,
Picture233.jpg

When I had it up I realized that i forgot to put my bushings so I did it on the hoist,(I was to exited that i was going to put my doors up)..LOL....I bought my pins at Pepboys and had to get the others at auto zone, They usually carry one or two of them per store.:shrug:Paid no more than 23dollars for all four, The only thing is that It didn't come with the pins I had some at home so Didn't need them. I did look for them just in case someone needed to know the price or I couldn't find mine there 2.99 a pack assorted...
Picture236.jpg

I had a little trouble doing the bottom ones so I though of a way to to it so you wont have to tap it in and maybe damage new paint job.. I got a screw,two washers and a nut to press it in. It was easy just line it up and tighten until it hits.I have some pictures of it......
Picture237.jpg

Picture238.jpg

Then to the install of the door I lined up the door to the car closest possible to the car then I final adjusted the door with the strap, one click at a time,I had to click like about tree time in the rear and once in the front. I was perfect. Took me longer to put the damn door on the hoist...:D
I was just experimenting with it and it worked:nice:..
Then I tried to rock my door up and down,,,,NO play at all,,,Perfect..........Another thumbs up!!!!!!!!:nice:

So theres no need to have more than one person to do the job.....LOL..But it would help....

Attachments

• Picture233.jpg
    Picture233.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture238.jpg
    Picture238.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture237.jpg
    Picture237.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture236.jpg
    Picture236.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 83
haha no worries, I have been told my compressor would probably work with a low pressure high volume gun. I am not sure where I would find a decent gun for the right price though.

haha no worries, I have been told my compressor would probably work with a low pressure high volume gun. I am not sure where I would find a decent gun for the right price though.
I think it will work with a HVLP gun. Ive seen people paint with those harbor freight cheap gun they sell for like 12 dollars. I used one to spray my etching primer and my sealer. i waspretty good then I used a Devilbis gun to paint my paint n clear.