remember the guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you willing to put on the table to make that gaurantee.

Have you done any strength testing?
- YES, i've installed hose clamps on a compressed spring and they hold
Hell, have you done any strength calculations?
-Don't need to, i know it works
If someones vehicle is damaged because they tried your method, would you cover the cost of the damage?
-How would the vehicle get damaged? Even if the spring were to come unsprung is would be traped in by the strut, spindle, control arm. It count not go anywhere. Explain the damage

Unless you are willing to take responsibility for your claims, you shouldn't be making them.
You don't have to take responsibility for claims, and if you did. Your saying that you'll take responsibility if the "correct method" spring compressor brakes and kills somebody?

I'm done arguing with this fool. He can keep repeating the samething 18 times over again. He doesn't get the point that it works, i'll keep preaching my method. Good day to you sir.

Basically if your not a nut job like this fellow^^^^^^. Use the Hose clamp method. It works perfect. Its safe as well.

• Sponsors (?)

Use the Hose clamp method. It works perfect. Its safe as well.

This is now getting all over the net and forum members of all types are now laughing at this doorknob.

His level of intelligence astounds me... and he makes that level known in all his posts.

How this thread has not been edited and locked to remove this boneheaded and unsafe advice is beyond me.

I am an attorney. If anyone uses this method and subsequently gets hit with the spring, please send me a PM... I would love to represent you in suing this clown.

Then again... if you use it, maybe we should all chalk it up to Darwinism.

:nice:

it doesnt matter if you call him stupid or not, he's prolly going to do it this way for his entire life. i tried for two hours today to get the pos spring on the passenger side in with the compressors, all it got me was mad... i left the spring in the garage and sunday i will probably re-compress it and do the hose clamps again... if you want to do it yourself, and you want to do it quickly and with the least amount of bull****, buy some hose clamps and do it. i messed with the first spring i held with hose clamps to see if anything would happen, i threw it on the ground outside my shop a few times, threw **** at it, it was fine. the only part of the procedure that is unsafe, imo, is cutting the clamps. on sunday i will be doing the passenger side, i will log every step to the procedure with my camera and post it so everyone can see how i did it.

as for the lawyer thing, you cant sue someone for giving them advice on the internet, thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard, its their own fault for trying something stupid that they read on the web. my write up on the procedure will most deffinately have a disclaimer, because i wouldnt suggest doing this to anyone, because if they hurt themselves ide feel bad, but the truth is, this is the easiest way possible to do this.

as for the lawyer thing, you cant sue someone for giving them advice on the internet, thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard, its their own fault for trying something stupid that they read on the web.

Actually you are very very wrong. You can sue someone for whatever you want to sue them for. Winning is altogether another story. But I believe the guy really is a lawyer, blood sucking scum with no morals. Pretty much sums it up :D

I am sure there are some lawyers who are nice people and truly have their clients needs in mind, they just don't exhist anywhere around me :shrug:

The only spring on a 5.0 Mustang that is safe to use a hose clamp on to compress is the S spring for the Trac-lock. Using it for any suspension spring is playing Russian Roulette with a MAC 10 and a full clip...:eek:

1SickFox you need to learn some respect. you have not been around here long enough to start disrespecting long time members, with blow me etc. The fact is we have a good old fashioned debate going here and the only negative that went on towards you is a reference to your intelligence, which when tauted sunk even further.

while I wouldn't use your method, you could have easily stated " I have used this method, which to some would seem dangerous, so you should do so at your own risk" and left it up to each individual on how they wanted to proceed.

once they read "do so at your own risk" one would hope it would set of a red flag and they would think things through on "what is the risk". see this is the MAN part, letting people know about your idea and the known risks that go with it so they can decide if they want to use it.

i tried for two hours today to get the pos spring on the passenger side in with the compressors, all it got me was mad
So, you can’t figure out how to use a tool properly, so you move on to rig something up…

How many other tools can you not figure out how to work properly?

Many other folks have figured out how to use a spring compressor.
Maybe you should ask yourself why you are the exception.

on sunday i will be doing the passenger side, i will log every step to the procedure with my camera and post it so everyone can see how i did it.
Way to go…
Document your retardedness for the entire world to see.

it doesnt matter if you call him stupid or not, he's prolly going to do it this way for his entire life
My motivation is not to save this lame ass…
My motivation is to prevent folks like you from listening to him!

as for the lawyer thing, you cant sue someone for giving them advice on the internet, thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard, its their own fault for trying something stupid that they read on the web. my write up on the procedure will most deffinately have a disclaimer, because i wouldnt suggest doing this to anyone, because if they hurt themselves ide feel bad, but the truth is, this is the easiest way possible to do this.
You just admitted it is dangerous.
If it was safe, why would you feel the need for a disclaimer?

Freedom of speech is one thing...

But this guy is making some bold claims…
Use the Hose clamp method. It works perfect. Its safe as well
When this douche says IT IS SAFE… that changes things don’t you think?

LOL u ever heard of the first amendment?
This is not about 'self expression'
This is about making the claim that hose clamps are safe for use as suspension spring compressors.

I am an attorney. View attachment 311286 If anyone uses this method and subsequently gets hit with the spring, please send me a PM... I would love to represent you in suing this clown.

Then again... if you use it, maybe we should all chalk it up to Darwinism.

:nice:

View attachment 311287
Wow just wow...

So, you can’t figure out how to use a tool properly, so you move on to rig something up…

Maybe you should ask yourself why you are the exception?

VR-How about you stop being a kawk munch for 1 minute and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Well first lets use some common sense since we all know you have so much of it!:rolleyes: Did the thought ever go through your tiny head that maybe the correct spring compressor is not available? Because ya know, i'm sure not every spring compressor is identical. And seeing that your so smart and all, ask yourself... why are you are the exception?

I dont know about the rest of the states you people live in but here in Indiana most of the pro shops will do a spring swap for under $150.00. Hell ,i have a local guy that did mine while i waited for $125.00. For that kind of money its not worth my time or effort! I guess Im lazy!!! I have the compressor set up like 795.0 mentioned earlier and it works good, when I actually use it.

Ive been following this thread since the OP was put up, and it is a little bit of irony that my soon to be son-inlaw Tyler was lowering his S-10 with some friends, and no lie the frickin coil spring jumped the perch and flew out from the well. It missed Ty but hit a friend in the head with a glancing blow to the point that my duaghter was trying to get the guy who was hit to go to the hospital, because she though he may have sustained a concusion. She is an LPN and was pissed because even she knew how dangerous it can be to change springs. I bet everyone that was there that day changes the way they approach coil springs. (dumb a$$ move at best )

Instead of complaining and arguing back and forth, why doesn't someone do a write up on the PROPER way to change springs!
So far the only people to talk about how to do it are the hose clamp guys :nonono:

Instead of complaining and arguing back and forth, why doesn't someone do a write up on the PROPER way to change springs!
So far the only people to talk about how to do it are the hose clamp guys :nonono:
Start with your Chiltons or Haynes books...

I will look for something on line later, when I have some free time.

Start with your Chiltons or Haynes books...

That really wasn't my point. I have these books and can look them up myself. I just thought someone should post how to do it correctly so that the incorrect method isn't the only method posted in this thread. I'm saying it for all the people who will read this thread in the future. If they see BOTH right and wrong methods, they will hopefully go with what's right and safe.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you are the exception.

Way to go…
Document your retardedness for the entire world to see.

My motivation is not to save this lame ass…
My motivation is to prevent folks like you from listening to him!

You just admitted it is dangerous.
If it was safe, why would you feel the need for a disclaimer?

Freedom of speech is one thing...

But this guy is making some bold claims…

When this douche says IT IS SAFE… that changes things don’t you think?

This is not about 'self expression'
This is about making the claim that hose clamps are safe for use as suspension spring compressors.

first off, i have made this entire argument respectful towards yourself and anyone else disagreeing with my point of view. I can carry out an intelligent debate without resorting to calling people "lame ass" and "retard." you sir seem to lack that quality.

Secondly, I AM NOT USING HOSE CLAMPS AS COMPRESSORS, I AM USING THEM TO HOLD THE SPRINGS COMPRESSED AS THEY GO FROM MY BENCH, TO MY CAR. All of which i have stated multiple times, but you seem to keep missing.

Thirdly, I very much know how to use a spring compressor properly, but apparently the compressors i rented are not the correct ones you need to put the springs in a foxbody. This was also stated in several other of my previous posts

Fourthly, I NEVER said this was a safe way to do this, as i have stated multiple times throughout this whole debate. what i did say was that this is THE QUICKEST, AND EASIEST WAY TO GET YOUR SPRINGS IN.

It seems to me that i have displayed much more calmness, intelligence, and patience than you throughout this whole thread, I have laid out my argument and my supporting facts while you have done nothing but rave about safety and how much of an ******* i am for doing my car myself the way i want to do it. From what i can tell you havent even read much of anything i have said because you keep ranting about me doing things that im not even doing, ie, using hose clamps to compress the spring, calling this method safe.

In the future i can see a few people trying to do springs on their own and getting pissed off at the spring compressors from autozone and resorting to the method myself and 1sickfox have proposed. As i stated in a previous post i will do it myself on the passenger side and document it step by step for anyone who is interested.

Stay tuned, and to everyone who disagrees with me, remember to be respectful or i, as the OP, will request for a moderator to lock or remove this thread, because i am sick of being called names in an internet debate by people who have alternate views.

VRI, from browsing your website you seem to be a very intelligent individual with alot going for you, so act accordingly and stop the slandering and just put foward your debate like the smart person we know you are.

My name is jason.
You guys don't have to refer to me by my screen name...

I'm done arguing with this fool.
Is this the second or third time you have said you were done arguing with me...
I lost track:rlaugh:

VR-How about you stop being a kawk munch for 1 minute and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Well first lets use some common sense since we all know you have so much of it!:rolleyes: Did the thought ever go through your tiny head that maybe the correct spring compressor is not available? Because ya know, i'm sure not every spring compressor is identical. And seeing that your so smart and all, ask yourself... why are you are the exception?

I just saw a link to a spring compressor that is available.
Additionally,
If you walk into the local parts stores, they will have compressors of various styles sitting on the shelf... all of which were designed for this job.
(designed for the loads, and the reliability that is required for such a large energy source:nice:)
Even using the 'wrong' style of compressor will be safer than hose clamps, if the operator uses some common sense.

I don't understand how "I am the exception"...
So far there are about 2-3 guys in this thread who can't learn how to use spring compressors...
I'm not the only guy here who HAS learned how to use a spring compressor...

Status
Not open for further replies.