Rim And Tire Size Question

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
So i am selling my cobras they actually are sold but i wont let my friend take them until the car is off the road for winter. Question is i am looking to get either chrome saleen sc reps or 10th anni reps with 17x10 out back.

I am not quite keen on running the 17x9 due to my 17x8 already rubbing at full lock. My qustion is what is the narrowest tire i can run up front without stretching? 235 possibly with a 17x9? if not i will run the sc wheels and just get 17x8 with my current tire size

For the rears. 17x10- 275/40/17 a good size? What will i have to modify to not have a rub situation. I have Eibach pro kit springs and tockico Blues...

• Sponsors (?)

everyone does but I want change lol , I just need to know if I will be alright with a 275 out back I am going a different route with wheels

275's will fit all day. flip or remove the quad shocks, and hammer a little inner fender well and youre done. your BS/offset is what you need to pay attention to but with the mustang specific wheels, most of that is already assumed and handled for you.

275's will fit all day. flip or remove the quad shocks, and hammer a little inner fender well and youre done. your BS/offset is what you need to pay attention to but with the mustang specific wheels, most of that is already assumed and handled for you.
so 275/40/17 will work ? not gonna be stretched ? Nd I am looking to run the American muscle pony r s

so 275/40/17 will work ? not gonna be stretched ? Nd I am looking to run the American muscle pony r s

dscn1852vl.jpg

275/40/17 I had to trim a bit of fender lip off.
img2338y.jpg

I cant find a good shot of the fronts but LRS sent me a 17x9 front wheel when i ordered 17x8 and i ordered tires from somewhere else and couldnt return them so i have 235 40s on a 9in rim there is a bit of a stretch. The tires would have looked much better on an 8in. rim though. Also the 9in rims dont rub on my car but i have a drag set up so not too low in the front.

I am lowered , my
best bet would be to roll them then
Rolling fenders is not the easiest thing to do unless you know what you are doing. I know how it works but dont know how to do it. Gotta heat the paint and be really careful not to flake the paint off. I used a grinder with a cut off wheel and carefully just cut the lip off mine but i run more than just the street tire. i needed as much space as i could get.
20110924150238.jpg

20120425164718.jpg

yeah a friend of mine has the east wood roller and I am going to just run a street tire maybe a radial at some point do you think that I will be able to clear it ?