rumor? cnl lower intake for 2v

• Sponsors (?)

i heard that cnl will be making a lower intake to go with there upper plenum and the cost will be around 5 or 6 hundred. if it gets you 10 more horse and some torque, i would buy it. alot cheaper than 1300.

FastRedPonyCar said:
either way, intakes are pointless unless you've got some sort of forced induction or nitrous.

:shrug: The Fox Lake intake looks like it makes some extra power, so I wouldn't say pointless. Of course you can buy a nitrous system or other stuff for the $$$, but it's not like we're talking CAI's here. :nice:

FastRedPonyCar said:
either way, intakes are pointless unless you've got some sort of forced induction or nitrous.

Buh? How do you figure?

Heck...with a K&N FIPK-II I got 9rwHP on a stock car. I'm quite keen to see what could happen with slightly bigger (diameter) and slightly shorter runners in the intake itself. What were the claimed gains for the Fox Lake part again on a stock car...24HP or some such? That's not "pointless".

If it weren't so bloody expensive I'd likely have it on my car now...

trinity_gt said:
Buh? How do you figure?

Heck...with a K&N FIPK-II I got 9rwHP on a stock car.

Damn! You dyno test that?? I got a denscharger with a 80mm C&L and I probably got that but does the K&N come with a different maf?

Oh and all the dynos of the new lower intakes show minimal gains over stock on cars with little or no mods.

Like a few guys I know who did the bullitt intake swap and gained 7hp :notnice: sorry but I can find something better to spend $1300 on.

san~man said:
You can't only look at the peak HP/TQ gains, you need to look at the entire gain and the area underneath the curves.

I did. mid range and upper rpm power was slightly improved. low end was the same. We could barely tell a difference in the sotp also. who knows...mabey with a good set of cams and ported heads a new lower intake will show more promising gains. it's stil too early in the ballgame to pass judgements on something that's only rumored to be in development though.

Yes, it is true. I talked to them last week and they are going to make one, But did not say when they would be ready. I think it going to be sooner than people think becaues of the hipe of the other intakes coming out. And also I heard that the 96-00 have sold 4 to 1 more the 01-03 unppers :shrug:

flyingbrian1 said:
And also I heard that the 96-00 have sold 4 to 1 more the 01-03 unppers :shrug:

Could have something to do with people being wary of voiding their factory warranties. With valve guide issues/cylinder head replacements and whatnot under warranty, I can see people holding off on even modest bolt-ons to the engine itself till the warranty runs out...