Saleen Supercharger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfordguy

Mar 31, 2005
I finally saved the cash and ordered a supercharger. :banana: :banana: :banana: I decided to go with a Saleen for several reasons.

1. Price - only a couple hundred more than a centrifigul with intercooler and a little less than the KB and Whipple. Plus I want a twin screw.

2. Looks - enough said.

3. Designed to work with stock internals at the 4-5 psi of boost.

4. Warranty - While a aftermarket unfriendly dealer may deny engine/driveline warranty, a dealer that sells and services Saleens will problably not and there is one about 10 miles from me.

Now the waiting begins. Told me that it would take 2-3 weeks for me to get the kit. I also added the Saleen gauges for boost and water temp that mounts in the depression on the dash.

I will post install pics once I get it.

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats guys :nice:

I'll be ordering mine soon enough! I'm going to have AMP here in Phoenix do the install. A guy I work with here has an appointment to get his Saleen 'charger installed the middle of next month. They told him they currently have 5 05-06's in the shop getting Saleen Chargers installed.

05 BLK-BLK said:
Congrats guys :nice:

I'll be ordering mine soon enough! I'm going to have AMP here in Phoenix do the install. A guy I work with here has an appointment to get his Saleen 'charger installed the middle of next month. They told him they currently have 5 05-06's in the shop getting Saleen Chargers installed.

what are they charging for the install? im imagine that could be pretty expensive!

My salesman from Saleen told that they were estimating $1000 for the install at most shops. He also said that if the shop does a few of them they should be able to do the install in 4-5 hrs.

Personally I prefer to do my own work and will do the install myself. 90% of the fun of getting the s/c is the install.

If you would like to see and read about an install in an 05 pick up the October issue of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords.

Personally I prefer to do my own work and will do the install myself. 90% of the fun of getting the s/c is the install.[/QUOTE said:
not only that, but doing the work yourself is the way you learn how things work. when someone does everthing for you, you end up going back to them more and more for simple stuff that you could fix on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.