Seatbelt Replacement 86 Convertible

Matt1986GT

Jun 27, 2015
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a situation I've had this week regarding replacing the front seat belts for an 86 GT Convertible. I purchased model # LRS-61109EP from Latemodelrestoration.com. I brought it to my local shop yesterday to be installed and half a day later found out that, according to them, they were the wrong ones. I believe on the site it said it fit 79-89 coupes/hatchback and 83-89 convertibles. Am I missing something? Can anyone recommend where I can get ones that will be compatible with the convertible model? Also, the ones I had gotten didn't have the wiring to hook up to the fasten seat belt warning. Do they sell them with the harness for this? I've been going in circles for about a month now trying to figure out how to get these replaced properly.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Phillip. I'm just very confused. Based upon the part number I gave you, should that have fit the 86 convertible? I wasn't physically installing them, so I went by what the mechanic told me once they had taken everything apart. They said they looked different from what was in there and was missing the electrical connections? They texted me a few pictures which I can provide if that helps. I still have the new belts in the box. I got them about 10 days ago. If I hold on to them a little longer to get a 2nd opinion, how long can I wait to return them if they are still wrong?

Everything looks correct, I am going to verify everything with the vendor rep. The best advice I can give you is to give us a call so we can get these replaced if they are wrong. Our tech support team will be able to 100% make sure those are the correct belts for your application. We will be able to proceed from there and make sure it isn't a manufacture issue. The return process is very simple and the sooner you contact us the sooner we can get you squared away. Also the customer care rep/tech support rep will need those pictures so hold on to them.

If it easier, send me a PM with your order number, name, phone number and email. I can have our customer care rep contact you.

Thanks Phillip. I attached what they sent me. What are the business hours for customer service so I can make a point to call them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 148
We are open from 8am-6pm CST. I spoke with the vendor rep and he stated those are for your vehicle. So know we need to figure out if it is a manufacture issue. If you ever need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!