Short belt installed 2001 GT

lopey4.6

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 4, 2004
Westlake,OH
I deleted the A/C, and the 2 idler pullies on the passenger side of the timing chain cover. I took the pulley off the tensioner and installed a ribbed pulley. Then ended up using a 69" belt. Here's a pic.

103643.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

sorry to ressurrect this thread, but curious to see if anyone knew where to get a ribbed pully for the tensioner. i've had my car for 3 years and only used the AC twice, always used heat for defrosting so i think this would be perfect.

please let me know where i can get that pully

Torinalth

Well you have used your AC more then you think. When the HVAC controls are on AC, MAX AC, MIX, or DEFROST, the AC compressor is on. They run it to remove the moisture from the air. The only time it isn't on is FLOOR, VENT, and OFF.

Torinalth said:
sorry to ressurrect this thread, but curious to see if anyone knew where to get a ribbed pully for the tensioner. i've had my car for 3 years and only used the AC twice, always used heat for defrosting so i think this would be perfect.

please let me know where i can get that pully

Torinalth

heh thats all i really use, though the occasional defroster. in the summer though i dont think i will need the defrost, and like i said never use AC for cooling purposes :)

but nobody knows where to pickup a ribbed pully for the tensioner?

Torinalth