Sideways Picture Fix Psa

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Indiana
Some of you may know this, some may not.
The sideways picture problem on Mobile has frustrated me to no end. Some of you I see have given up entirely.
I found a pretty easy solution on iOS. If this isn't needed, feel free to delete or more likely just derail :nice:

image.jpeg

You'll notice the image is sideways when you first select it to upload.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is, as I learned in Mexico, No Bueno.

So the fix:

Go to your home screen and then to photos.
image.jpeg

Find the desired photo and select edit (it obviously will not be sideways in your photos)

image.jpeg

Then you'll select this crop/rotate function

image.jpeg

Then rotate the image. I usually rotate it sideways and then click done to save the photo "crooked".

Go back in and edit/rotate back to correct orientation and select done again to resave the photo in the right orientation.

Then hop back on stangnet and try to upload again.
Your issue should be resolved.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I usually don't post things directly from my phone, but I can see how this would be a problem.

I have noticed that when I connect my phone to my computer and move images directly from the phone to the computer that they will sometimes also be sideways once they're copied to the computer. It must have something to do with the image as it was created vis-a-vis the orientation sensor in the phone.

You can also just hold your phone sideways with the button on the right and the pictures will post straight up. Took me a while to figure that one out

You can also just hold your phone sideways with the button on the right and the pictures will post straight up. Took me a while to figure that one out
Mine tends to get the orientation confused when the screen rotation is locked. Or when it's not? :thinking:
Not sure. Just know it's infuriating and saw @84Ttop had some sideways pics as well.
Noobz doesn't answer my vague cries for help anymore

I noticed with the new updates to the iOS that now they have the "live" photos, everytime I upload those they are crooked. No matter if you hold the phone vertical or horizontal to take the picture. I do that the same thing except a little different. I starte by going to the gallery and selecting the photo. Hit the edit button and it will say if you edit that it will deactivate the live photo option. I hit yes then save the photo. Then the upload comes out fine for me. Just figured I would put this in here instead of trying to rotate it 90* one way or another to fit the picture.

Reactions: 1 user
When I use the phone sideways I seem to never have an issue. But I also have done the "edit" on the pics that were taken "incorrectly" and uploaded them afterwards