So it has begun ( turbo build up )

Sorry guys. It's now 230 in the moring, I keep geting the shaft when trying to find time. Did take the pics, just need to upload them. Hopefully the IC am making should have it covered. Will be tight, but going with 4 cores from T-Brids.Hopefully it will be enough for the next motor. This turbo is most effeciant over 14psi. so i am actually hurting myself going this low, but the block is the limit, for now.

• Sponsors (?)

65fastback2+2 said:
guys run twin turbos on roller 302's all the time.....i dont see the fuss on why this block wouldnt handle it? just use a main girdle and you should be fine i would think
And sooner or later they split them down the middle, that is unless they are running a dart or frpp r block. Realistically those late model block safe limit is about 500hp.

Or they are running the incon kits at 450hp. Why go through the effort of turbo charging if you aren't gonna put out some real numbers.

The thing is you'll always be able to find someone's brother's friend's cousin's uncle's brother-in-law who put out 800 hp on a stock block.

And it may very well have happened..............but it's not gonna last.

Gonna go right where tha battery is supposed to be. I have taken the pics, but need my buddy to upload them into his computer and email me with them. Have a reall good idea how its gonna go. May stick the whole compressor out the front of the core support and have it run directly into the intercoolers, and have the conical filter face straight forward. BUT mierda changes.

my.php

here are some pics

Alrighty. You can see the challenge due to this things size. That is a 12 oz can there.But I am sure I figured how I will mount it. the intercoolers are now welded together, and machined flat. End caps are coming soon. The orange paint makes it easier to see the scribe marks I had to make. I had to do alot of welding to get the ports that bid without blowing thru the manifold.

No pics. But 12sec67 ( name soon to change ) and I were looking today. We flipped the fan upside down and freed up alot of room on the driver's side. That will end up being its new home. So now I have moved the batt and soleniod, and now I may put the MSD box over there. The alt. is gone, and I am going to move the oil filter to the outside also where the tire is.
I have 4 intercooler cores from t-birds. The turbo, a velocity hat, boost referenced regulator, and a wastegate. Still have a few minor things together along with a BOV.