solid motor mounts

94opalgt

May 5, 2005
AKRON,OHIO
all i can find are ones for the fox car's, do they work on our's? i would assume they do, but i want to make sure. i just did a fox TB swap and installed energy suspension motor mounts and now my hood won't close. it hits the air tube on top of the TB, so i got to drop the motor a bit and i don't want to put stock mount's back in it.

THANK'S FOR THE HELP GUY'S.

• Sponsors (?)

I use solid steel lowering mounts from ebay. and a 7qt Canton pan. It just barely clears. Beauty of the solid mount is that you can run very close to the steering rack because the motor wont rock in the k member like with rubber mounts.

how much vibration do you get with the solid mounts? i've thought about doing this numerous times but am always afraid to pull the trigger cause of the vibrations.

how much vibration do you get with the solid mounts? i've thought about doing this numerous times but am always afraid to pull the trigger cause of the vibrations.

I actually did not really notice a difference in vibrations between the two mounts. But then again my new motor is balanced alot better than my old 5.0 and i never had the solid mounts on my 5.0 so the comparison between the two is kinda apples to oranges.

Personally vibration with solids aren't that bad. I have a stock K member with a wider 351 pan. Pan almost hits power steering line on the rack. With a 302 block you should have more clearance. My pan is about a little more than 1/4" away from my rack. I think i enjoy the vibration. But its not so bad as long as you use a rubber/ urethane mount for the trans. I hear solid trans mounts have alot of vibration.

I agree the vibrations felt through my car were minimal, I only have 100 miles on the car since most the mods but i drove most those on I-5 and the ride was fine. Also
I felt more vibrations with brand new energy suspension poly mounts...im using a rubber tranny mount now though.