solid mounts YAY OR F NO?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Ive broke my mounts recently, well the rubber decided to decinigrate on me, so i really don't want to pay 150 for poly mounts. and i know a solid wont break on me, so how do the 4.6's do with solid mounts? smooth or rough? it will soon have cams and i really don't want a crazy change shaking console of a car..

• Sponsors (?)

Where do you see poly mounts for $150? They are from 90-110 on here, AM, or through vendors on the Corral. I wouldn't suggest solids for a DD, but then again I'm running poly's too and if I had the cash I probably would have got solids.

I am one of few who doesn't mind feeling every nook and cranny in the road, I drive with H&R SuperSports and Tokico DSpecs usually set close to full stiff all the way around. I like my car to feel super tight handling wise, but I think I pussied out with these urethane mounts. But time will tell.

My stock rubber ones were shot, split on one side and cracked on the other on my car with 125k miles. The urethane ones smoothed everything out drastically and I enjoyed the feeling with them on, but if solids offer that much more tightness in feeling your car I think I should have got those.

My opinion is if you like a smooth steering wheel and smooth acceleration feelings from your car go with the urethane ones, but if you like super tight and slight vibrations, go with the solids.

more responsive? i drove my buddies teggy gsr last night with the solid mounts and it felt much more connected, mine feels like the motor is a mile away from the car..

That's not really a fair comparison. FWD handles much different than RWD.

The only down side I can see for getting solid mounts is the possibility for vibrations. Depends on what you want the car to be like.

I'm likely going solid motor with a factory transmission mount.

I like the "harsh" feeling so long as it doesn't rattle the car apart. I hate the way it feels now with old, worn mounts.