spark plug question

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks I'm going to get the tester this weekend and do the test sometime next week. Any thoughts without having the test results? I was thinking it was most likely oil but hoping it might be a couple drops of fuel or is that just wishfull thinking?

Well was it black? Did it smell like fuel? That could give you a preliminary indication. How long did you wait to pull the plugs after running the car. Gasoline would evaporate pretty quickly in a hot combustion chamber.

The only time I have seen a car with fuel soaked plugs is when it cranks but doesnt start (and the fuel system is working) and you pull a plug shortly there after.

Well was it black? Did it smell like fuel? That could give you a preliminary indication. How long did you wait to pull the plugs after running the car. Gasoline would evaporate pretty quickly in a hot combustion chamber.

The only time I have seen a car with fuel soaked plugs is when it cranks but doesnt start (and the fuel system is working) and you pull a plug shortly there after.

:stupid:

ya it would be oil then I guess I was just hoping it wasn't. The plugs did smell of fuel and the liquid was very clear but the oil is pretty clean. But I did have the car off for about an 1/2 hour or so so I guess the fuel would have evaporated. Thanks for the responses