Spoiler or no Spoiler...?

RedFireGT05

Apr 21, 2004
Even though they supposively dont have a delete option for the spoilers on the GT would you rather have one or not?

I hear a lot of people wouldn't want it which i dont understand to much cause i think for the 99-04 mustangs.. no spoiler looks pathetic...

i dunno, i would much rather want a spoiler on my 05 mustang..

• Sponsors (?)

RedFireGT05 said:
Even though they supposively dont have a delete option for the spoilers on the GT would you rather have one or not?

I hear a lot of people wouldn't want it which i dont understand to much cause i think for the 99-04 mustangs.. no spoiler looks pathetic...

i dunno, i would much rather want a spoiler on my 05 mustang..

Delete this Post and go to the first 'POLL thread' about 05- Rear spoiler ....

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=3775554#post3775554

Good feedback there too ... see you there ...

Without out a doubt...

Without! Finally we get a mature design that can stand alone without spoilers and fake scoops all over it, and it seems like everyone wants to add that stuff. :shrug:

I realize the spoiler is a factory option and it doesn't look bad, but I prefer the clean look and weight savings of course. I'll take a Torch Red/Black leather '07 SVT please, sans spoiler... :hail2:

RandyB said:
Without! Finally we get a mature design that can stand alone without spoilers and fake scoops all over it, and it seems like everyone wants to add that stuff. :shrug:

I realize the spoiler is a factory option and it doesn't look bad, but I prefer the clean look and weight savings of course. I'll take a Torch Red/Black leather '07 SVT please, sans spoiler... :hail2:
I'm with you, the '05 has a great bod that doesn't need a bunch of cheesy but useless ornaments cluttering it up. Such gewgaws are more an easy stylistic crutch of the plaid suits in marketing than a more mature and thoughtful element from the pro's in the design department -- they just cheapen and debase the look more than enhance.

It might be a different matter if they actually contributed something substantive in terms of actual performance, but I'll bet my tuna sandwich that the spoiler on the '05, as with 99% of spoilers on current cars, contributes nothing but weight (excepting all the coin it sucks out of your wallet on purchase day) and drag. It is purely a codpiece masquerading as an actual performance enhancement -- more akin to stuffing a bra or slipping a banana under ones Jocky's -- might impress the gullible but not those more discerning that know better.

And the irony of using spoilers and such to make one's Stang more "unique" and "personalized" is ludicrous anymore as just about every other econo-car on the road is bespangled with these garish performance clichés. What's the first thing every pimply 16 year old does when he's handed down his sister's Civic but flip open the J.C. Whitney catalog to the spoiler section. I mean, how trite can a spoiler be any more. Yeah, I'll be unique, just like everybody else :rlaugh:

And again, the new '05 body is so good clean and in-the-flesh that it doesn't need such froufrou bejeweling its flanks, unlike the somewhat ungainly current Stang that needs a lot of mascara and rouge.

With the wing of course. Its functional guys, it helps stabalize the car at high speeds, its not like they just decided to throw a wing on the back for the hell of it.

Well, I like the spoiler myself. The entire rear end reminds me of the 1970 fastback rear, with the flat panel, gas cap (even if this one is fake), and the arrangement of the taillights. The spoiler perfectly caps off the look.

The great thing about this country is that everyone can share his/her opinion. My opinion is that the spoiler reminds me of the '70 Mustang... and I don't think many would call that car "cheesy".

Rhumbline

Funny post and I agree with some of your points. Very creative writing.

I will take it with the spoiler but the part I agree is it looks great without all the extra non-functional stuff. I will be de-badging mine even. Where the spoiler is concerned I am with Pred8tor and in the resemblance of the 70 Mustang. I would have prefered the duck bill style like the 68, but hey we can't have everything.

Would look good either way, but I would go without because the styling is so nicely done, and the spoiler clutters it up and detracts what is good pure design. ESPECIALLY on the 99-04 cars. The 1st time I saw a spoiler delete '01 Cobra, I finally noticed that fantastic looking sharp edge wrapping around the tail of the car. It looked so tailored, so German, so classy, more down-to-business. It's one of the highpoints of the 99-04 styling, and everybody covers up the best part of the car with a clunky and unneeded spoiler to satisfy the 9 year old kid inside them. When you've got a low, wide, and mean looking Mustang, you don't need a spoiler to look tough. It's just programmed into our Mustang-loving heads that you do. A military-spec HumVee doesn't need a frilly-fruity polished stainless skid plate to make it look like it would run you over, and a Mustang doesn't need a deck spoiler to look mean. 1969 Boss 429's did NOT come with a decklid spoiler, and they look best that way. Some had spoilers added by the dealer, and those cars look sissy-fied compared to the totally-business as-delivered Boss. Just my humble opine. Either way looks O.K., as I said.

Without. Those spoilers are not functional, just boy-riceracer add ons. This is a clean design that looks so much better without all the scoops and wings and such. Form should follow function and that spoiler does not function.

With....

the current spoilers on the stangs are so refined and classy looking that anyone who could ever label them ricey is an idiot.

And for the "mature look" guys, if you want that get a family sedan, I want a car that looks as aggressive as it performs.