Engine Spout connector (Code 18)

1706215056776.png

None of that looks burned but I have no idea what it is. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I know you're getting nailed with tech articles but check this one out too when you get a chance:

I know you're getting nailed with tech articles but check this one out too when you get a chance:

I will check it out.

When I had a similar issue with the Spout running good when out and not running when the Spout was connected the issue turned out to be the distributor shaft shorting to ground due to a burnt out bronze bushing giving too much play...............

It might be cheaper to replace the whole distributor than just the TFI module as the pickup module is also a wear item and considered bad when the rubber feels rubbery instead of being hard n firm...............

7e298cb7981646f0a5930690af562901.jpg

The picture of the 60 pin adapter looks like one used in conjunction with a diagnostic breakout box that diagnoses the system as the vehicle is running and in just KOEOn mode.

If you can post a pic of the other side it would be helpful.....

Good Luck

Last edited:
I replaced the distributor yesterday in preparation for an upcoming build. MSD pro billet. After timing it appropriately, 10* without SPOUT, it runs far better, and keeps running with the spout connected.

Reactions: 2 users