Spray with h/c/i???

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
Largo, FL
I've always heard great things about the way our motors respond to spray, and I want a reliable, yet fun daily driver, but I want it to be quicker on the track - hence the spray idea.

I'd like to do the Trick Flow h/c/i, along with revamping the fuel system with bigger injectors, Walbro 255 lph pump, and an adjustable FPR. On top of that, just basic bolt-ons such as a Fox throttle body (easy to reach IAC ftw! :nice:). Hopefully the h/c/i with the bolt-ons should get me at or past the 300rwhp mark. I was wondering if there's anyone running the Trick Flow kit, and if they could offer numbers, or better yet, track times?

Also, what would be a reliable size shot of nitrous? To be honest, I was thinking only 75-100 as I want this to be reliable. Motor runs great though - it's got 91k, flawless oil pressure, good fuel pressure and, as far as I know, good compression.

• Sponsors (?)

I hope i'm not putting my foot in my mouth but what do you mean by h/c/i? I'm not a fan of spray but just my opinion due to lack of experience. The fuel upgrades with a moderately sized blower would make a nice daily driver but would cost more than a bottle but would get you to your 300 mark.

I have a 255lph intank pump on my stroker engine. For 100 shot, that will be fine. Nitrous is a blast, you are going to have fun.

Kurt
Sounds good, thanks. I wanted to go forced induction for awhile, and while that'd be an awesome mod, it just doesn't work out in the function/price ratio.

Basically it's $4,000 for a Vortech kit to put me at a bit over 300 rwhp, or close to a grand for a good nitrous kit and a tune, and sit at the SAME horsepower?

There's a local racing club around here, Mafia Motorsports. They have a saying... "Turbos suck, blowers whine, but nitrous rules". :nice:

The difference with the nitrous vs the supercharger is...

with the supercharger you have that power ALL the time. No need to go refill it after xx passes.

The nitrous is cheaper but a resource that runs out. If you can live with that, which I can, stay with the spray.

Check out your local laws on nitrous as well, I know up here, they're alot more strict on nitrous than forced induction

Cheers,

The difference with the nitrous vs the supercharger is...

with the supercharger you have that power ALL the time. No need to go refill it after xx passes.

The nitrous is cheaper but a resource that runs out. If you can live with that, which I can, stay with the spray.

Check out your local laws on nitrous as well, I know up here, they're alot more strict on nitrous than forced induction

Cheers,
I am ok with that, yes. I just want the nitrous as a quick boost for the track. I don't want to push 400rwhp 24/7, yet. ;)

As for laws, I believe in my area it's illegal if it's hooked up... I've got some pretty good hiding spot ideas though, so I can leave it hooked up all the time and not worry about an LEO seeing it.

We're pretty lax on laws around here. :D

Hell, they're JUST now starting to really crack down on street racing...

I'll definitely be going with nitrous in the future though. Found out tonight, though, that I'll be needing a new alternator pretty damn soon. :notnice: Putting a 1,500 watt sound system with an old alternator may not have been such a good idea. :nono:

No sir. The system puts out some big time boom-boom though. :rlaugh: Everytime the subs hit, my battery guage needle drops from about 2/3 of the way to less than haflway - everytime... :notnice: On top of that, I've officially rendered my rear view mirror damn near useless, considering everytime the subs hit, the mirror kicks down so low that I'm looking at my backseat. :rlaugh:

Thought about the Kenne Bell, but the price is just a lot more than I'm willing to spend... I'd rather hook up a little 100 shot or something just for the track.

Spray Away.......
I remember the first time I went to an NMRA at Atco in I think 2000?
Guy with a 95 Cobra "You can't use nitrous on these motors, the hyperu pistons won't take it" yeah whatever.
I had a Stock (as in never opened) 120K+ shortblock with off the shelf Winds Sr. Heads (were on my old 69 for 2 years),1.7 RR, Typhoon Intake,70mm TB, 42lb Injectors. I can't even guess at the 100's of bottles I put through that thing over 5 years of street and track time.
Car weighs 3560, working AC, Mach 460 Stereo. 5 Spd. Will run 12.6 on motor, been 11.2 120+mph on 150 Shot...lived that way for years.
Keep the tuneup safe, as in conservative timing etc. and you WILL be hooked.
Get greedy and it'll bite ya.
I dbled up the spray, as in 2 Dry Nozzles, BIG Cheater Solenoid....Dyno'd at 487+rwhp.....:D:D. Wanted to get in the 10's with stock stuff.
Went 6.9 101mph to the 1/8th first pass...Grabbed 3rd and she shutoff.........Split the Block in half......:shrug:
GREED!!!
The juice IS Addictive!!!!;)

No sir. The system puts out some big time boom-boom though. :rlaugh: Everytime the subs hit, my battery guage needle drops from about 2/3 of the way to less than haflway - everytime... :notnice: On top of that, I've officially rendered my rear view mirror damn near useless, considering everytime the subs hit, the mirror kicks down so low that I'm looking at my backseat. :rlaugh:

Try getting a new mirror....the ball socket shouldnt be that loose.

And i've only seen fox's have the batttery gauge drop that hard. I'd get a autozone lifetime replacement unit and not think twice. Also, had a nice big cap to it.