Spring perch mod.........roller bearings............. and a lot of work.

Those look great! I have absolutely no fabrication abilities so I bought my rollerized perchings...$157 for the pair shipped from Alpac Engineering. Google "alpaceng" for their site. They are having a group buy right now at VMF. I got mine yesterday and they look great.

If I had any sort of fabricating talent I would make my own though...looks like a fun project. :)

PS: I'll try to post pics of my new perches tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

$7.50-ISH FOR PARTS PER PAIR, I GOT 2 SETS OF USED PERCHES ON E-BAY FOR $5 A PAIR AND $9 A PAIR.

Cobra Automotive had them last time I checked. They're expensive @ $225 a pair.

So $215 for labor and stuff like paint and rubber pads? If you figure there's two hours in that it is not really a bad deal, maybe a tad high bit machine shops cost $$$. It would take me over three hours to do a pair. $157 sounds like a bargain to me.

Edbert said:
So $215 for labor and stuff like paint and rubber pads? If you figure there's two hours in that it is not really a bad deal, maybe a tad high bit machine shops cost $$$. It would take me over three hours to do a pair. $157 sounds like a bargain to me.

Edbert, the $157 was from Alpac engineering and they quit making the bronze bushed perches quite a while back, but even at the $215 or 225 or whatever opentracker is getting for these now, it's still a good deal. i just got a set for my project from opentracker a few weeks back and they are awesome very good workmanship i would recommend a set to anyone even if they are just doing a stock rebuild. once i get them installed and have driven the car for a while i'll be sure and give a full report.

Edbert said:

Actually, John starts with a brand new stock perch, not used ones.