Springs for 97GT conv.

Black97GT_Conv

Apr 8, 2006
Hey, what springs should i use on my 97GT conv? I wanted to use Sportlines cause they give a 2'' drop, but they dont make em for my car; do you think they would be ok to use? If not does anyone know if Intrax springs are good? Also, does anyone know if I'll need new shocks/struts? If so, what ones should i go with?

:)

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to install 2" springs they will be stiff and beat up your vert. I would recommend some SFC's to strengthen the weak Mustang floor panel and then hard-top Mustang springs can be used since the frame will be stiffer, much like a hard-top. I would also get new shocks because the new lowering springs will destroy the old shocks.

Believe it or not but a mustang convertible is heavier in the front end then a coupe of the same style. So if you use coupe springs your front end will most likely drop lower than expected. Buy some H&R Sports or Supersports, you won't be sorry. Also do the subframe thing for sure. They were my first mod 7 years ago. Also get some new shocks and struts if you are going to go that low and expect the possibility of needing Caster Camber plates too.

Click my sig....