Stock PBR Claw or Brembo 4 pison calipers

DagonFire~

Apr 19, 2005
So is the Brembo 4 piston caliper all that much better than the stock PBR claw calipers on my 98 Cobra?

I am thinking about getting either, Hawk HPS pads, slotted rotors and SS lines for the PBRs

about $400

or

get the Brembo 4 piston calipers with 13" slotted rotors and SS lines from Maximum Motorsports for $1,200

Are the Brembos all that much better for a street driven Cobra that may see some track time?

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, my notchback has the 99+ GT PBR calipers, 11" rotor with Ford pads and stock rubber lines, and stock rear drum brakes with all new hardware.

It rivals the stopping power of my 96 Cobra...(13" dual piston calipers, and stock 11.65 vented rear rotors on the rear.

I will repeat it: Do not spend 1,200 dollars on brakes.

My Cobra had the brembo calipers when I got it so I can't compare the difference from stock. They do stop very well, although I am sure stock ones do as well. I will soon be needing to replace the pads and I can't find any info on them. Are the pads different from stock? The only info I can find is complete kits with pads already installed. I think I want to try Hawk Pads, but when you look it up, there is no options listed for aftermarket brakes. ANybody have any info on this? Thanks!