street radials

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Indiana
i make too many threads...anyways
:shrug:
So through a series of events, ill be getting rid of my cobra wheels and picking up a set of draglites. the cobras are 17x9 all around and rub like hell in the front and this dudes giving me draglites and $300 so i wont be able to pass it up.only problem is they have some skanked up mastercraft wheels with white letters on them and look like hell.

so to get to my question, wheres the best and cheapest place to buy street radials?

would i be best to get them from a local tire sales place or order them online?
it seems to me that prices vary quite a bit and im curious as to how everyone here gets ahold of theirs?

im not sure whether ill go et streets or 555rs or what yet, but will try to do that research withouth posting MORE needless threads :D

• Sponsors (?)

well do you want street radials or drag radials because the et streets and 555r's arent street radials. I think online will be your best bet for the cheapest tires, but if you know someone who works at a tire shop that would be your best bet. I am lucky we sell parts to tire shops so I get hella deals.

Hell i don't get many miles out of rear tires anyways. Looking for something that would hook well on the street and do well at the track.

How are et streets not street radials??

ill just put it like this, if you have those with a good gear, no :taco: **** like 355's like 410's and above, good suspension, ive personally dropped the hammer at 3500 from multiple street lights, just from turning them over to clean them off, so yes they hook, they are like massive lint rollers, because everypebble it will pick up..

so yes get them, dont waste your time on the ****tos..

Hell i don't get many miles out of rear tires anyways. Looking for something that would hook well on the street and do well at the track.

How are et streets not street radials??

et street im pretty sure isnt a radial tire...

youd want the ET drag radial... those ****ers HOOK!

ET streets wont do much on the street, ET drag radials will be a little better in my personal expierience, but after driving my buddies car with 26X10 et drags, those work the best, but if the cops catch you, your probly getting a ticket

ET streets wont do much on the street, ET drag radials will be a little better in my personal expierience, but after driving my buddies car with 26X10 et drags, those work the best, but if the cops catch you, your probly getting a ticket

i dunno if the slicks work better or not actually. SSo record last season was set by a car on a 275 drag radial with a 7.31@194. i would think a nitrous stick car would shock the drive line to much... but a turbo auto car wouldnt. think alot has to do with the combo.

you really cant compare an SSO car to anything on the street, there are also guys in the 10's in the f.a.s.t class on old bias ply radials, but nobodys running out to get a set after they see that.

The ET drag on my buddies HCI with a 175 shot spun a little in 1st and hooked like a champ, off the bottle, it will dead hook on the street

you really cant compare an SSO car to anything on the street, there are also guys in the 10's in the f.a.s.t class on old bias ply radials, but nobodys running out to get a set after they see that.

The ET drag on my buddies HCI with a 175 shot spun a little in 1st and hooked like a champ, off the bottle, it will dead hook on the street

i dunno kolivus says his suspension really isnt anything crazy... its got stock mounting locations and just coil overs. nothing to crazy.

Stock or not, a SSO car will not compare to a street car. Not to mention we aren't talking hooking on a prepped track, we are talking the street.

I have personally yet to find any tire on the back of my car that has hooked great on the street by dropping the hammer. I have had a few different DRs, a couple different slicks, some ET Streets, QTPs, street tires etc... Might be the car, but I have not had any tire I can drop the clutch at 4000 on the street and hook.

ET Streets are basically a street slick they are DOT approved slicks. Just because they say street doesnt mean they are street radials. The MT drag radials are more suited for the street and those arent street radials.

On a side note I ran the ET street for many miles on the street and in the rain. They hooked amazing on the street, basically no tire spin in any gear. I drove a lot in the rain too and you have to be REAL careful, past half throttle and youll start spinning. It can be done but I wouldnt suggest it for daily driving. I personally never had any close calls or spun out in the rain w/ them.

I would just go with the 555r's or just regular street tires and have a back up set of wheels with some real tires on them.

I only drive it on the occasional weekend. Never in the rain.

The reason I suggested et streets was because I knew they were dot approved. Sorry for the wrong wording, as they aren't radials.

I'm just looking for a tire that looks good on draglites and hooks well on the street and MAYBE the track. I don't think low-profile tires look good on a 15x10 wheel IMO so I had been looking into the 275/50/15 sizes and was just curious which of the "street slicks" were best for the $ and where to get them

sorry for any confusion

a 275/50 is might look stretched on a 10" wheel, look into a 60.

Also, with how good the ET drag radial is, you dont need an ET street, from what i remember your motor is close to stock and a drag radial will be more than enough for that, also the drag radial is gonna be way more stable than a slick type tire

Yeah my motors stock other than the nitrous, but I'm boosting it this winter, so I figured I'd buy the right tires the first time so I don't have to do it twice. Drag radials are a little over kill for my current set up, you're right.

Although she spins like an SOB when you put the squeeze to it :D