street radials

• Sponsors (?)

yea i was gunna say... might wanna weld them up. i think im gunna throw in the UPR box kit when i get mine welded. the few shops ive talked to have wanted to charge me like a left testical to weld them up

yea... i have a buddy who may be coming home this winter for an internship so i may get him to do it while hes home... hes a pretty good welder. and he built his turbo 93 cobra from the ground up so he knows his way around a fox...

I'm going to school for high performance next fall, so I'll have the skills eventually.

I definitly don't want to launch my car to pieces

yea.. ive tried welding and the welds i did held... but upside down under what im about to weld isnt where id want to be based off my old welds. and its not like i can bring my car into work and had one of the guys in our model shop weld them up...

well then i'd suggest the ET drag radial, if you drive in the rain, have fun lol

thats the only tire ive had for the past year on my car, ive drove through rain, ice and all, its really not that bad it you air them to about 25psi..

oh btw, get 275/50 dont go with the 275/40 they dont have sidewall of the 50's, the 50's just hook better..

you will have to bust out the BFH and do some work as well..

oh btw, get 275/50 dont go with the 275/40 they dont have sidewall of the 50's, the 50's just hook better..

you will have to bust out the BFH and do some work as well..

ive got 275/40/17s on it right now, so 275/60/15s should fit right?

quads have been flipped and the BFH has already been used :nice:

your 275 street tires will look puny beside those, you will have to do some more bfh ing, especially with the 60's, but dude it is very much worth it, few people actually know how a 5.0 pulls in 1-2nd beacuse they just spin, but its a differnent game when you hook.. especially with steep gears..

Your going to need some gear to run that tire.

I had a 275/60 on my car for a weekend. Even those tires from a 4000 hit on the street spun 1st and 2nd. Granted no burnout, probably 30 psi in them, etc... but I figured why not try!

Ok, everyone is getting confusing with the street radial/drag radial/et street stuff. Let's straighten that out first.
Street radial refers to regular old plain jane street tires.
Drag radials are radial drag tires that are street legal ie: mt et street radials, bfg drag radials
Regular MT ET streets are basically bias ply slicks with some lines in the to make them street legal.

ET streets or drag radials do NOT and will not hook better than slicks in any circumstance other than maybe sand or rain. It is definitely possible to make them hook very well though at the track, as there has now been a few 6 second passes made on et street radials. But, they really do not like to hook on the street.

Between myself and friends we have raced with pretty much every tire there is on the street. ET streets and radials never seemed to work so great. Everyone liked the BFGs better. Different story at the track. Tire pressure is very important. Drag radials like about 15psi, and that's where I ran mine all the time.

I had 275/50 bfgs. they don't like being shocked, but at around 4k if you slip the clutch hard and fast they would hook pretty well.

After those wore out I threw on some used 28x9" ET Drag slick. Best decision I ever made. They were on the car for probably 2k miles with quite a few burnouts and finally wore out. Ran 12psi all the time. The car really didn't like the 28s with my junk 3.55s but it still hooked incredibly well. Road conditions make a big difference as well. Highways tend to be a little slippery, I could never get a dead hook there.

On certain streets I have launched the car with cold tires on a cold road through the boards on the 6250 rev limiter and it would pretty much dead hook. I have video if you want.
Hit a wet spot from someone lawn watering on slicks and ET street and you kiss your a$% goodbye. lol
Not true. It's not bad unless it's a heavy downpour.
Trying to avoid drag slicks as I drive the car quite a bit. Maybe I just need sticky street tires???
How many miles a year? I think you could probably get a season out of them, and they're pretty easy to find used for cheap in classifieds on forums.