Subframe connectors - How important are they?

Xcessiv

Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys,

Next week, I plan on going at the track for the last time this season. I recently installed a Vortech V2 on my '01 GT and will run high 11s with 1.65 60 fts times.

My question is: after how many runs can the chassis be permently affected without SFCs? Should I install them now or if it can wait one more event?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Yan

• Sponsors (?)

Convertibles benefit more than coupes. The coupe is already pretty strong. But pulling 1.64 short times means the car is hooking hard, so I would buy a good set and weld them in.

The good thing about subframes is that they do keep the car more stiff and strong.

The bad thing is that in the even of an accident, they transer force to the opposite end of where the accident occurs. I have seen Mustang lightly wrecked in the front, and it pushed the rear floor pans right off of the rear frame rail spot welds.

Just don't wreck it!!:rolleyes: :D

i just got mine welded in and they make a monumental difference, you'll feel it as soon as you sit in the car and definately when you start driving

I understand how useful they are, but all garages around are only opened during my working hours and the drag event is next Sunday. I'll have to take a day off to get them installed before the event, which is not really smart. :)

I know that I'd most probably get better 60 fts with them, I can accept that. I just don't want to permanently damage the frame with 1.65 60 fts without SFCs.