Supercharger Opinions Needed and a few questions

Looking at a supercharger in the near future for my carbed 302 1990 GT. My friend has a Holly roots style blower with less than a 1,000 miles for under $2K. I was also looking at a front mount / cintrifigul(or however the hell you spell it) style. Is there a pro and con of the 2 different types? Which is more practical? Can I just buy a front mount charger and fab a kit? If so what about the FMS SVO charger made by Paxton? Whats involved with bracketry? Currently the only acessories Im running on my car is alternator and water pump, so there is alot of room around that area. However I do have a 3 core aluminum radiator with a Cougar V8 electric fan. I had to trim 5/8" off the shroud to get it to clear the water pump, so dont have much up front, and not sure how the belt system runs around that on a roots style. Send me some input guys thats why Im here.

• Sponsors (?)

The FMS kits were made by Powerdyne and had internal belt problems. I would think the centri chargers would give more room to grow. I personally like Vortech as I have had two of them and no real problems to speak of. I thought the holly one was a carb. application. I know there is alot of info on here about superchargers and you could get alot of info by doing a search.

With the centri style is it possible to fab a bracket up where ever and just route custom piping to a carb hat? Obviously it has to be in line with the crank and have an adjuster ti tighten the belt. I found a FMS SVO centri charger for a good price, and Ive also see the turbo piping kits that have miscellaneous lengths and bends. So far this sounds good to me, anyone have any input as to why this is a bad idea? Ive got no problem with fabrication just havent tried this one before.

The FMS kits were made by Powerdyne and had internal belt problems. I would think the centri chargers would give more room to grow. I personally like Vortech as I have had two of them and no real problems to speak of. I thought the holly one was a carb. application. I know there is alot of info on here about superchargers and you could get alot of info by doing a search.

What sort of belt problems did they have? Was is it like owning a Jaguar?

your biggest problem will be getting a carb to run right blowthru that is a PITA look over a Turbomustangs and check out blowthru carb prices. The roots style with your current carb jeted up will work alot smoother for you and you will still retain your hair.