Surpising my son please help! picking parts

I'd have to agree with the gift certificate idea. Wheels is a touchy subject.. i'm sure he has his eyes on a certain style and size.. it would be easy for you to pick wheels he may not like!!

My vote would be for you to hunt down some 5lug conversion parts and do the work together.. then some wheels that he picks out.

• Sponsors (?)

Is it me, I didn't see heads OR intake on your list of mods. If you're looking to go faster, search no further than a good set of alum heads, such as afr 165's and a good intake, suck as the edlebrock rpm 2.

well i talked to him today and he said he should have bought some chrome ponies and tires rather than go on vacation he's sick as a dog and ready to come home so it looks like chrome ponies and m/ts for the rear and some new fronts i havent decided on but he said exactly what i wanted to hear with out me dropping a hint. what about a cam, thats his biggest want according to his wife. whats involved in getting a cam installed what all do i need to do that sucsessfully. The last of my questions is i have been driving this car all day i cant get my old ass outta the damn thing but what kinda quater miles times is my little buddy looking at in this thing it fly's.(as it sits)

Daggar said:
I vote for a new set of rims/tires. That would depend on whether you know if he's ever had plans for a 5 lug upgrade or not though. Two weeks isn't really enough time to scrape all the part together for a SN95 brake and lug upgrade unless you intend to purchase a kit from someplace.

I agree on the brake upgrade too, a Father could feel better knowing his Sons car can actually stop!

booger815 said:
well i talked to him today and he said he should have bought some chrome ponies and tires rather than go on vacation he's sick as a dog and ready to come home so it looks like chrome ponies and m/ts for the rear and some new fronts i havent decided on but he said exactly what i wanted to hear with out me dropping a hint. what about a cam, thats his biggest want according to his wife. whats involved in getting a cam installed what all do i need to do that sucsessfully. The last of my questions is i have been driving this car all day i cant get my old ass outta the damn thing but what kinda quater miles times is my little buddy looking at in this thing it fly's.(as it sits)
FRPP F-303 cam does GREAT on boosted cars.

I'd also look into some trickflow twisted wedge, or afr 165 heads. That car would REALLY move then