The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

• Sponsors (?)

Here's where we left off a few months ago
MT dog house
Need to do a little clean up, swap oil pan gasket and the clutch stuff, may do a sleeve on the rear main seal, everything was dripping with oil from the rear of the intake sooo :shrug:we will see when apart. Not alot of miles on the flywheel so may stay put. Scope Creep, 'it' is real.

Reactions: 2 users
The plastic things that hold the nuts for the sway bar mounts are all busted, I think I got some bits to replace the bushings and stuff, will have to look into new bits for the nuts.
I also need to make posting pics less hassle, I post from my kindle, the pics are crap, like 150dps or whatever it's called so I take pics from the fone, load them to the big screen, add them to my gallery here and I can post them from there on the kindle, then I get the date and that sequence of numbers then whatever snarky remark I add in the gallery, nobody cares about all that just the pics, I may try to add the pics right from my phone and load them on the big screen later, we'll see.
I'm sure the two members that are following this gaggle of nonsense are sitting back in their racecar themed desk chair or Barcalounger if you're in the south, shaking their heads thinking I'm impaired, I blame it on the meds :rolleyes:.
Anyway car stuff, I'm a bit more comfortable.
Now, do I bolt this lump to the spinning engine holder thing or just lift it up high and do the pan and clutch, stuff it back in without the heads on. If I bolt it to the spinning rig I can put the heads on then, easy peasy. :scratch:

Reactions: 1 users

You might need a cable. :shrug:
I also need to make posting pics less hassle, I post from my kindle, the pics are crap, like 150dps or whatever it's called so I take pics from the fone, load them to the big screen, add them to my gallery here and I can post them from there on the kindle, then I get the date and that sequence of numbers then whatever snarky remark I add in the gallery, nobody cares about all that just the pics, I may try to add the pics right from my phone and load them on the big screen later, we'll see.

Whispersync​

Whispersync is the tool that automatically updates your book library. This includes the last read page, bookmarks and notes for any e-book in your Kindle library. If you download the Kindle app on your Android device, your Kindle library along with all your personal insertions will automatically appear on your Android device’s Kindle app. This service works through Amazon’s cloud, so your Android phone or tablet needs to be connected to Wi-Fi to receive updates and you need to use the same Amazon account on the Kindle and the Kindle app on your Android.

Look at this app and see if you can add images or image libraries from your phone to the Kindle Library? :O_o: Then the images on your phone will be available to your Kindle and backed up in Amazon's Commie Cloud Space. :coff:

No cloud crap, app or username/password. i have a lot of 'pics on a stick' or as you hackers call it a 'flashdrive'? Most pics are on the big screen. I can appreciate ya'll that float your stuff into that fluffy netherworld someone named 'the cloud' but after many years of chasing people and see fraudsters hacking your crap and using it against you or for their personal gain not to mention the stupid crap people take pics of or post on line. I keep my digital 'footprint' small and personal crap private. I'll figure it out, I have not even checked my email since I got the new fone, and I secretly don't give a sht. I have three email addresses, business (office), company personal account and a gmail, there are others available but I never use them, sometimes when I go to a page on line something wants me to 'sign in' with my google/microsoft/.com account, nope, look not to be all conspiracy theorists but an app (this is my take) is what was called, in my business, a 'Forwarder' a middle man, they tell you 'it will be easier/safer/more convenient ' then before long, well there I go off into left field, but it is my thread so for the two people that have actually read this far, lets get back to car sht.
I'm gonna bolt that engine to the spinning engine holder thing on wheels :nice:
Oh, and the only painting the Pyle gets is on spots for rust prevention. This thing is my version of Patina.

I was going to vote for putting it on the spiny thingy. Glad you decided to go that route.

I hate anything tech related. My voice-mail isn't even set up on my phone....I've had it for 10 years. I see who called. If it is important they'll text me. I only use 2 emails. One is business and my personal one I've had for 20 years. I don't store anything on the fluffy space. I still prefer a photo album over having to grab a computer to show pics.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Nice to hear from other old fat old tech guys like me.
I have done so much to my stang the past sixteen and a half years I've had her and it would of been nice to have a build thread but it is what it is.
General your thread was unexpected but welcomed, I'm following ( do people still say that?)

Reactions: 1 user
Edit: Skip this post. It's just werdz

There are [things] that you can do to make your life easier. Just like on any car you decide to make y our own. And just like cars, you have two options:

1. Buy and make use of what is on the market
2. Build your own

There's a 3rd option and it's a mix of 1 and 2.

The first option is right up the General's alley but the privacy risks are real. You don't use these services for the same reasons that I don't use a lot of these services.

Option 2 isn't even in the same city as your alley. :O_o: However, you [know] people that can help with that piece if you decide to tackle it.

My solution if it I were doing it:

You need a small Windows home server that is [on] your home network and [not] connected to the internet. Now, I'm not familiar at all with these Amazonia Tablets that you use but I do imagine that there is a way to make the Kindle backup it's data to a specified location on your home network. If that is true, then you would access this same [private, not internet connected] server with each of your devices when it connects to your home WiFi.

What does this give you? Access to all of your files from every device while you are at home, connected to your home network.

Anywhoo... Maybe you recall that the simulator company hired me to make things [work] together (28 individual computer systems running 4 different operating systems and a dozen, or so, microcontrollers (one of them with a CANN BUS)). *whew* (It was a lot of fun, I can't lie :D )

• Hell Yeah!
Y'all should have seen that flight simulator he diddled with when I crashed the 'toy chopper', I remember one semi trailer with the actual simulator and another with I don't even remember how many big screens, there was a third trailer with other top secret stuff in it I'm sure but never got to. I figured we needed to get da hell outta there after I crashed, that realistic (at least to me) just without the bloody mangled mess to clean up. Oh, and those trailers had sliders that made them even bigger.
I felt like someone was following me for weeks after. :nonono:
and the only 'server ' I know about is that grumpy waitress down at the diner.

Uh, I was just doing a little light research on the Kindle and if you use it, all ur chit goes to Amazon Cloud whether you like it or not. :O_o:
I'll have to look that up.........yeah I think I kinda knew that cause her books an crap show up on my kindle, yeah I don't watch pronz on this thing :) .
I've pretty much decided I don't want all those 'progress ' (?) pics in my gallery so I'll just load them into my folder on the big screen and post them in the thread from there, less BS.
Now what is going on now, cleaned stuff up, just a little paint on the rails of the oil pan and lets bolt this thing on.
side note: the whole reason for pulling this turd out was because I felt the front part of the pan gasket had pushed back some into the inside when I installed the timing cover so I stuffed some black RTV into the front, sketchy at best, couldn't sleep on that, my crap looks kinda sketchy but it's really pretty solid. Anyway with just the short block left I felt this is the time to 'do it right', I already had a pan gasket and I couldn't sleep at night thinking it was gonna just gush oil out that jizzed up front seal, oh and I felt a cluch change was due, well when I pulled the oil pan I found that the gasket looked fine, it still may have leaked but maybe I'll sleep better, and the clutch looked good too :bang:, oh well, now I've got a spare clutch that I likely will never use :shrug:.
Pics later.

Just a thought:

Get the Amazon Kindle app for your phone.
With it, you might able to drag your photos over to the Kindle app after you snap an image.
Viola! It will be on your kindle too (after a few seconds of processing per image dependent on your internet bandwidth).

...and what is "The Big Screen"? Is this a PC?

I'll look into that too, and yes the big screen is what I call the office pc, not the 'biggest ' but it fills up the space on the desk. It's like one terabyte I think, whatever that means.

Ok... You and I should talk sometime. With a PC in the mix, I know I could make your life easier even if it's just make all your devices dump new data to your PC each time they connect to your home network.

That's similar to what I do but I did it the lazy way through a microsoft account and the phone app that comes installed with Windows.

When I had kids living at home, their phones (er... My phones) did the same. :O_o:

Reactions: 1 user