The Longer I Own My Car.................

Kman

Founding Member
Nov 29, 2000
Connecticut
The happier I am that I have resisted the urge to do any serious mods to the car. It is a black 87 notch that I bought new and have owned for longer than some of the stangnetters here have been alive (21 years). I has 50K original miles, has always been garaged, never seen winter and has been rained on probably 10 times in its lifetime. I had always envisioned the car with the standard go fast mods on it but other than wheels, a cowl hood, full exhaust, 3.55 gears and a few other minor bolt on's its as it came from Ford and I do have all of the original parts from the headers to the 10 holes safely tucked away. While not fast by today's standards (I did sneak it into the high 13's years ago) it runs great, still turns heads and still is a blast to drive. Sometimes close to stock is actually not a bad way to go!

• Sponsors (?)

My 93 is close to stock and its still fun. With Gas at 4.19/gallon and rising Im glad its stock.

Kman---I know exactly how you feel. My 91 notch is a conversion, and I changed the color, to make it my own. I couldn't buy it new as I was 9 years old in 91, but I got the one I wanted, and I kept it mostly stock. Mods in sig. I bought some bolt ons for it, then later sold them, because I wanted to keep it as stock as I could.

It is a black 87 notch that I bought new and have owned for longer than most of the stangnetters here have been alive (21 years).

Fixt.

My Saleen will remain 95% stock as well and for just those reasons. It will get a TMoss-ported intake this winter, an aluminum driveshaft and full exhaust. That's it. Forever.

Yeah, it's pretty nice having a clean, stockish Mustang. Aside from the gear, shift kit and exhaust the only other mods I have planned for my '92 are suspension and cooling. To me it's just a matter of "tightening" the car up a bit. Right now I have a Mark VIII fan w/dcc controller and subframe connectors waiting to be installed. I also plan to add Steeda sport springs, upgraded struts/shocks and polyurethane bushings in select areas. The thing rides smooth, which is nice for a daily, but it handles like a boat with it's "Pep Boy's Special" shocks and struts. I doubt this car will receive any engine mods. Especially as long as I have the '90.